Quality Assurance Supv - (1580) - Toledo, OH
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Job Title (Marketing Title)
Quality Assurance Supv
Toledo, OH 43613 US (Primary)
0 - 10%
The Quality Assurance Supervisor assists the Quality Assurance Manager and QA department to maximize productivity of assigned shifts and areas at the highest quality and food safety standards. This includes training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly CI Meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the companyís policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all established CI Processes and the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Works with Plant Management and other Supervisory Staff to maximize quality and productivity.
* Ensure proper procedures are in place and being followed for product quality, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
* Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications.
* Coordinates schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
* Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
* Assists coordination of regular CI meetings.
* Analyzes and resolves work, quality and food safety problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
* Maintains quality and food safety records for GMO Free Program.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments for GMO Free Program.
* Trains and instructs employees in regard to quality and food safety standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelorís degree in a science-based area of study preferred, or a minimum of 2 years plant experience.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com