R&D Professional I
Louisville Brook Street
Louisville Crums Lane, Louisville, KY, US
Employment Type :Full Time
Job ClassSenior Management
Provide technical expertise to customers and the Paradise R&D Department that support the sales and marketing efforts of the company. Identify and pursue opportunities to improve existing products through formulation and/or procedures/processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop prototypes and recipes within a defined set of requirements based on a concept or project.
- Formulates blends and flavors to match ingredient statements, nutritional profile, and sensory attributes of existing target products.
- Develop sensory experiments and report the findings to management.
- Identifies areas of cost optimization through better raw material procurement, ingredient substitutions, or processing efficiencies.
- Searches for new ingredients and technologies for effective development.
- Looks for new project opportunities with regard to innovation, cost reduction, improving consumer acceptance and improving quality.
- Work with existing suppliers to utilize their capabilities for developing trends in flavors. Will utilize the suppliers’ staff for joint presentations to targeted customer projects.
- Identify production methods that continue to contribute sustainable competitive advantages in the marketplace relative to the competition.
- Assist the R&D department with product presentations in-house and off-site as requested by sales and marketing.
- Accurately identify project requirements applying the right production capability, ingredients, and design to match customer needs and product specifications.
- Analyze and modify recipes involving liquid-to-solid ratios, scale-up, yields, ingredient hydration, time/temperature concerns, viscosity, and ingredient degradation issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science.
- 5-10 years experience in product development of liquid condiments, marinades, and tomato based sauces.
- Must have excellent collaboration skills and be able to excel working in a team environment.
- Sensory evaluation experience and skills
- Exposure to a wide variety of equipment, kitchen set-up, cooking techniques and operator execution; or in-depth knowledge of key applicable equipment or processes.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and ingredient spec sheets
- Ability to recognize, analyze, develop solutions and initiate problem solving actions
- Ability to do complex math using percentages, ratios, etc.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with various sales, marketing, and technical services personnel.
- Computer and software skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand at bench routinely for hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of hand mixing thick products as required
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com