Food Scientist/Product Developer II - (3201)
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Job Title (Marketing Title)
Food Scientist/Product Developer II
Broomfield, CO 80021 US (Primary)
Available to Qualified Candidates
As part of the Research and Development team, the Food Scientist / Product Developer II will be responsible for developing new and improved products and providing technical proficiency cross-functionally related to dairy, non-dairy beverage, and cultured with a focus on innovation, productivity and cost savings programs.
· Articulates technical information and translates to non-technical audiences.
· Leads work across all business functions to positively yield results, and at times, lead project launches.
· Identifies, implements, formulates and executes cost savings opportunities independently within a cross functional team.
· Assesses technical feasibility and provide direction on formulations.
· Coordinates and conducts production line trials of new or modified foods.
· Develops and maintains component specifications.
· Prepares test plans, technical reports and documentation for the technical community
· Provide direction to various suppliers for new or modified food developments
· Work across all functions, including Purchasing, Operations, Engineering and Marketing to support project launches.
· 5 years of experience in product development and commercialization within an R&D environment.
· Bachelor of Science in Food Science, or Science based degree.
· Demonstrates knowledge of dairy processing equipment and ingredient knowledge.
· Working knowledge, hands-on and theoretical, with experience in the following areas:
o Dairy Processing
o Design of Experiment
o Hydrocolloids & Stabilizers
o Food Safety
o Nutritive and non-nutritive sweeteners
o Qualification Methods & Practices
o Food Regulations knowledge
o Quality Control & Sampling knowledge and practice
o Co-Packer development and commercializing exposure
· Capability in directing suppliers through design, development/improvement to commercialization projects
· Competent in conceptually designing food formulations, utilizing consumer insight and technical knowledge.
· Aptitude to lead multiple projects in cross-functional environment.
· Able to build technical competencies across multiple food platforms.
· Proactive contributor and effective communicator within R&D and project teams.
· Technical thinker with business awareness.
· Energetic and motivated.
· Must be willing/able to travel approximately 35%.
· Position is based in Broomfield, CO.; Relocation available for qualified candidates.
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com