Food Research and Development
If you are looking for a great
INTERNSHIP experience, you’ve come to the right place! Great things are
happening at Colony Brands, Inc. Did you know that we are a privately
held company celebrating over 80 years in business? At Colony Brands,
Inc., opportunities are endless. Check out what makes us different than
Our Company. . .
Colony Brands is one of the largest direct
marketer's in the United States.
We are one of the fastest growing and most
profitable catalog companies in the United States.
Colony Brands, Inc. employs over 5,000 people
in a vast array of jobs.
We currently have nine catalog brands, as well
as several affiliates and subsidiary companies.
We offer a unique 4-day work weeks in the
summer months give employees additional time off above and beyond normal
Leave your work clothes at home! Every Friday
is “Jean’s Day” at Colony Brands, Inc.
Our Internship Program. . .
We pay all interns a competitive salary.
Our internship program provides intensive
on-the-job training to better prepare students for the working world.
Colony Brands, Inc. provides all interns with
the necessary training to make their internship experience successful.
We provide our interns with useful feedback
regarding their performance throughout their internship.
All interns receive great employee discounts
on company merchandise – 35% to 40% off.
Assists with the development of new bakery and
confectionery products for Mail Order and Wholesale divisions using
strong food science methodology and personal creativity. Utilizes
appropriate software to manage and document work.
1. Develops products and prepares
confectionery and baked samples.
2. Investigates problems pertaining to running
new or difficult products in the plant.
3. Works with Merchandising and other
scientists to brainstorm new ideas for the bakery.
4. Enters historical recipes into database and
checks for accuracy against other systems.
5. Works on special projects as assigned.
1. Possesses or is currently pursuing a degree in Food Science,
Bakery Science, Engineering or
2. Must be a current junior or senior status
at a 4 year college or recent graduate.
3. Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or
4. Possesses above average communication
skills in both oral and written form.
5. Able to add, subtract, multiply, and
6. Able to give clear, concise instructions.
7. Able to read, write, and speak English.
8. Able to work independently with limited
9. Possesses above average organizational
10. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel beneficial.