Career Opportunities: Sensory Scientist (7781) - Sheboygan Falls, WI
Requisition Id 7781 - Posted 09/16/2014 - Wisconsin - Sheboygan Falls - Sensory - Full-time
Johnsonville Sausage, the nation’s No. 1 producer of brats, Italian sausage, smoked-cooked links and fresh breakfast sausage links, is a leader in the food manufacturing industry. The company’s more than 1,400 members, known elsewhere as “employees,” are dedicated to producing the finest-quality sausage. Johnsonville strongly supports each of its members in their efforts of continued growth and development, offering excellent opportunities for advancement, along with an attractive compensation, benefit and bonus package. We invite you to learn more about why Johnsonville was recently recognized as the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) National Employer of the Year!
The successful Sensory Scientist at Johnsonville will use and continue to develop proficient competencies in sensory methodologies, consumer research, shelf-life studies and project management. You will need to understand the complexity and key characteristics of our products versus competitors' products. There will be an emphasis on determining the drivers of liking for various sausage categories to initiate improvement opportunities. The end result is to continuously develop and/or improve superior products which extend the gap versus competitor products and help build brand dominance.
You Will Have the Opportunity to:
· Design, execute, analyze, and present the findings from a variety of quantitative methods. The Sensory Scientist is also responsible for consulting with both internal customers and external research partners to help guide marketing and/or product strategy; while also leveraging past learnings to continuously improve the sensory testing process.
· Help develop superior products by leveraging your knowledge and skill sets in Sensory Science, Consumer Insights, Food Science and Quality Control. It is expected that you continuously develop your competencies in these areas so that you are able to make significant contributions to project teams in the areas of our base business, international, food service and innovation.
· Challenge your ability to lead and manage multiple projects by applying best practice project management skills to keep projects advancing against rigorous timelines. You will have the opportunity to serve as a Subject Matter Expert in sensory participating as a team member on our cross-functional teams as well as lead selected projects. The main deliverable will be to communicate the product research data into actionable next steps for the project team.
· Challenge your ability to influence others and develop strong relationships with other Members from Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, R&D, Information Systems, and Supply Chain.
· Be confident, creative, and flexible in developing solutions to research challenges. This member must share a team-oriented approach, a dedication to delivering the highest quality work, and be strongly motivated to help the company reach success.
· Challenge your skillfulness and effectiveness as a communicator by negotiating with all internal customers regarding their requests/demands for your services so that business needs are met and team members feel good about their accomplishments. This includes reporting findings to a variety of audiences.
· Continuously learn new skills and knowledge because the projects you work on will require you to constantly become more proficient in a wide range of areas. These areas include meat science, meat processing, packaging, and shelf life. In addition, you will be expected to develop competencies in project management and potentially market research.
· Bachelors degree in Food Science or Food Chemistry plus five (5) years’ experience in Sensory Science required OR Masters degree with a focus on Sensory plus a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Sensory Science required
· Experience with a Fortune 100 food company preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency in analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills, and knowledge of sensory methods and techniques (discrimination, descriptive and consumer test methods)
· Proficiency in Compusense software preferred
· Food industry-specific knowledge of ingredients, their functionality, product formulas, processing and manufacturing required; meat industry experience preferred
· Ability to provide competitive product analysis support to Marketing with respect to product performance measures
· Ability to apply experimental design and statistics to sensory research and product development
· Experience reporting results in written documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Effective written, verbal and graphical communication skills which includes building presentation decks
· Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate details for fact-based decision making
· Demonstrated self-growth and development
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to function in a team-based environment
Travel: Approximately 20%
Location: Countryside, Sheboygan Falls, WI
External candidate: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com