Diamond Pet Foods – Job Description Title: Food
Reports to: Executive Director of Food Safety
The Food Safety-Sanitation Manager is responsible for managing the Food
Safety-Sanitation program and Cleaning-Sanitation employees at their
respective manufacturing site. This includes managing the site HACCP Plan,
Master Sanitation Program, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures and
Food Safety Training programs. The Food Safety-Sanitation Manager must also
be capable of taking on added responsibilities as required.
Specific Skill Requirements
· Must be capable of
implementing and managing Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures.
· Must have interpersonal and communication skills
with direct report employees and plant personnel.
· Must be capable of making critical decisions in the
face of adversity.
· Must have a basic understanding of Good
Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Cleaning and Sanitation Practices.
· Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office
applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc.
· Must have experience or have a current certification
with Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards and Global Food Safety Initiative
General Skill Requirements
· Must have ability to work under pressure,
maintaining a positive, professional attitude with plant employees and
· Must have ability to accept temporary assignment
changes to assist other areas of the plant if needed.
· Must have knowledge of the overall operation of the
· Must work in a safe, professional manner at all
· Must be capable of accessing all areas of the plant.
· Must be capable of lifting a maximum of 50lbs.
· Ability to operate forklifts is preferred.
Safety Equipment Required
Must be able to wear all required forms of Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) including, but not limited to, company uniform, steel-toe boots,
safety glasses, ear plugs, and bump cap.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Safety management: 5