Research & Development
· Quaker Global Nutrition has a cross functional team to focus on Productivity, the scope of which extends to Quaker's current core product areas (i.e. Hot Cereals, RTE Cereals, Snack Bars, Cookies, Lite Snacks, Aunt Jemina, Golden Grain) in order to fund Innovation and grow the Quaker business.
· The team requires a hands-on food product development professional that is highly creative, cost conscience, and entrepreneurial with the technical breadth and experience to change/improve product formulations across Quaker Foods North America (QFNA). The role requires a product developer that is grounded in the fundamentals of food science and data driven decision making that is also knowledgeable regarding ingredient substitution/replacements, flavor combinations, and technically sound to commercialize it to quality and food safety standards.
· It is critical that the right candidate have the initiative to independently seek out technical solutions, new ingredients and external sources of scientific insight to drive projects to completion, on time, and within budget.
· Finally, this role requires someone with the ability to comfortably and confidently interface and communicate with internal stakeholders and customers of the process at both a technical and business level; presentation and attention to detail in written & oral communication and product demonstrations are important aspects of role in order to be successful.
· Utilize scientific methods to develop knowledge that creates opportunities that support the company productivity objectives.
· Work together with the Technical Triangle team to develop strategic and competitive solutions for the productivity platform.
· Stay abreast of cutting edge technologies for possible applications.
· Assist with developing research program project plans, including project scope, design basis, success criteria, timelines, resources needs, critical assumptions, and potential issues.
· Provide technical and business risk assessment / perspectives related to productivity projects.
· Develop and/or modify complete product and process specifications for product changes.
· Utilize in-depth knowledge and advanced problem-solving skills and an awareness of Quaker Productivity priorities to achieve stated results.
· Design and execute experiments (lab, pilot plant, and plant), following good scientific protocol, controlling for extraneous variables and other experimental biases.
· Collect data and analyze using statistical methods; interpret data and observations to make sound technical recommendations on product and process issues.
· Leverage external and internal experts for key analytical and sensory research.
· Write analysis reports, and make recommendations that balance/optimize product quality, operating costs, and product cost considerations.
· Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Supply Chain, Marketing, Global Procurement, Engineering, and other groups.
· Represent the technical function on multi-functional business teams.
· Partner with R&D disciplines, such as Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Nutrition, and Regulatory, to ensure a robust, safe, and legal product design.
· B.S. Food Science (or equivalent).
· 2 year experience - Research and/or Industry.
· Ingredient Applications and/or technical customer facing roles a plus.
· Knowledge in food product and processing technologies.
· Detail oriented individual who can support and partner with engineers, plant personnel, and suppliers during accelerated product modification life cycles that include new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization, production testing, and startups.
· Background in development and commercialization of new products and/or support of operations is a plus.
· The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing scale environments.
· Strong communication skills (oral and written).
· Willingness to travel.
· Demonstrated Personal Traits:
· Strategic thinker
· Results driven
· Team player (good interpersonal skills, able to inspire/lead others)
· Positive, "can do" attitude
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
Job Ref: 84935BR
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org