Quality Assurance Supervisor Trainee – Clark, NJ
# of Openings
More information about this job:
Kerry develops, manufactures and delivers the largest and most innovative portfolio of Taste and Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients and Actives for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. With revenue exceeding $7.5 billion annually, and customers in 140 countries, we help develop products that delight and nourish consumers across the globe.
Kerry’s history of industry and customer commitment, our employees’ entrepreneurial spirit, and our team-based approach to value creation has established a solid foundation from which we will build new growth. If you want a work environment where accountability, agility and continuous improvement are part of daily life, we want to talk with you. Apply online or learn more about us at www.kerrygroup.com/careers.
Description and Responsibilities:
We hire graduates into real roles with real responsibilities from day one. This position reports to the Plant Quality Assurance & Technical Manager and may directly supervise employees in the QA lab. This role carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and resolving problems. Quality Assurance Supervisors may be assigned to analytical laboratories, microbiology laboratories or both.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Directs and advises personnel in the special test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of product materials.
- Compiles and analyzes test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Tests and analyzes sample products, adjusting formulas and processes based on results.
- Prepares test solutions, compounds, and reagents for use by laboratory personnel in conducting tests.
- Investigates complaints on existing products and responds to vendor or customer.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures for products and raw materials and maintains test equipment.
- Develops and recommends test procedures for products and raw materials and maintains test equipment.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and testing records, reporting monthly.
- Trains lab group on safety topic, quality procedures and business updates for the month. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in other plant teams and programs such as Aged Inventory Control Team, Self Inspectors Team, HACCP Team, and others assigned.
Possession of or working towards the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry with a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA. Preference will be given to candidates with a history of academic excellence, manifest by high grade point average and/or faculty recommendation.
- Knowledge of food safety principles and food process, eg. Exposure to HACCP, GMPs
- Presentation, communication skills and confidence, demonstrated by ability to ask meaningful questions and clearly articulate experience, good non-verbals, and experience interpreting and acting on info/data and/or leadership roles.
- Strong science foundation demonstrated by time in lab (volunteering, research experience) and coursework in chemistry, biochemistry and/or microbiology.
- Inquisitive nature that enjoys problem solving and identifying business improvements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrated interest in being hands-on in a manufacturing environment, e.g. internship experience, seeking out opportunities to learn about manufacturing.
- Ability to understand results or impact, make quick, accurate and sound decisions based on results.
- No experience is required; preference will be given to candidates with relevant internship or work experience.
- Successful candidates will be mobile as travel and relocations are expected.
- Employees must have reliable means of transportation to and from work.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org