Food Safety and Quality Control Associate - Prescott, WI
UNFI is growing and we are excited to open a brand new, state of the art LEED® Certified, distribution center in Prescott, Wisconsin that will serve the greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area. We are looking for hard working, enthusiastic warehouse associates that can grow their careers with us! At UNFI, our culture is focused on ‘Caring, Doing, Evolving, Connecting and Focusing’.
There is a huge amount of camaraderie and teamwork that develops between associates when working together to open a new distribution center. If you would like to be part of this new adventure, keep reading!
We are currently accepting applications through February 6th, 2015. Paper applications will not be accepted. If you are qualified, it may take us several weeks to contact you. If you are contacted, you may be invited to on-site interview on Tuesday February 17th, 2015.
Responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties and providing support to Food Safety/QA group. Completes related reports and documentation as required. Researches purchasing problems and questions, and performs miscellaneous clerical functions as assigned. Keeps Regional Food Safety/QA Manager well informed of activities and provides assistance where needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
· Assists with generating and processing all manufacturer credits for quality, dating and return to vendors.
· Responds in a timely fashion to customer and sales requests for product information.
· Assists with Organic File maintenance.
· Assists with donations and salvage by maintaining spreadsheets.
· Interacts with the Inventory Control department (researches problems, requests cycle counts, etc.)
· Conducts basic information gathering projects as directed. Assists Quality Control Department personnel as necessary.
· Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
· Responsible for performing audits to ensure UNFI compliance with SQF 2000 Code every 6 months.
· Audit UNFI documentation, prerequisite programs and SOP’s with regards to SQF 2000 level 2 compliance.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, along with general PC experience.
· To perform food safety audits, must be or willing to be trained in SQF Practitioner, HACCP, SQF Internal Auditor certifications.
· Minimum 6 months experience in an office or retail environment.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Possess ability to work independently and be self-directed in completing tasks assigned.
· Ability to communicate with internal and external contacts in a professional manner.
· Well organized.
· Strong communication skills.
· Efficient and attentive to detail.
· This role will require the ability to travel for certain portions of the year to visit various locations to perform on site audits.
· Must be capable of disseminating information and making food safety decisions
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com