SR FOOD TECHNOLOGIST - Salisbury, MD
Responsible for development of foodservice food products in support of the Company’s business needs. Independently plans and conducts multiple project assignments. Project scope to include new products, Quality improvements of existing products, cost optimization of existing products and technical product support, i.e. USDA/government, compliance.
1. Promotes applicable safety, regulatory, GMP requirements in lab, pilot plant, and manufacturing facilities. Assists in writing of new policy and procedures as needed.
2. Executes product development projects to grow top line volume in support of new product development as a % of revenue goals. Conducts and leads required lab, pilot plant and plant experimentation.
3. Expert in foodservice product development process including: ingredients, food processes, sensory testing, customer & consumer testing, NPD stage gate process, costing, plant trials commercialization, and related processes.
4. Documents all development work accurately. This includes written documentation of lab work, product showings, and plant trials.
5. Prepares accurate and timely specifications for all products developed. This includes: raw ingredients, formula, process and finished product.
6. The technical customer and consumer expert for assigned products and channels. Understands who the customer and consumer is, why and how they use our products.
7. Interacts cross-functionally with Marketing, Purchasing, QA and Operations to successfully implement new product developments.
8. Leads Product Showings to evaluate products developed and competition.
9. Mentors junior technical personnel.
10. Interacts significantly with foodservice customers.
Must have technical problem solving skills, excellent oral, written, communication and planning skills. Ability to coordinate multi-task projects; results oriented; prior supervisory experience. Expert Knowledge of the product development process from idea generation, bench top, scale up and commercialization. Ability to influence necessary cross-functional partners for successful implementation of projects. Knowledge of ingredients including functionality, allergen considerations and cost. Understanding of food manufacturing processes and the sequence of events necessary to convert raw materials to finished products. Expert in poultry processing and/or related food product systems. Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Bachelors degree in Food Science, Meat Science or related discipline plus 6 -7 years related work experience or in the absence of a Bachelors degree.
Masters degree preferred.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com