R&D Nutrition Specialist-16000085 – Bakersfield, CA
This position is responsible for providing nutritional expertise to drive the nutrition dimension in Innovation & Renovation of Ice Cream product portfolio to deliver added valued to the business. The NPTC (Nestle Product Technology Center) Nutritionist will ensure compliance to Nestle Nutrition Policies and influence nutritional strategies across a wide range of projects and business areas, whilst ensuring scientific and nutritional credibility.
· Drive Nestle’s recognition as the leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness (NHW) company internally & externally.
· Guide nutrition translation for product category(-ies) strategy and support corporate strategy.
· Drive nutrition dimension in to I/R & product communication with focus on NF/NCA. NHW Leader role in the NPDI process (Product Development).
· Manager Nutritional Assessment for each product developed and ensure compliance to Nestle Nutrition Policies.
· Contribute to Ice Cream category specific nutritional criteria/targets for NNPS maintenance/evolution. Internal and external advocacy of NNPS.
· Build and share nutrition knowledge. Internally & externally increase nutrition literacy among stakeholders providing nutrition education and continuous knowledge transfer.
· Ensure a scientific basis for NHW related concepts and proposed communications.
· Contribute to new “consumer centric” claims development & guide application of approved claims on the NHW targets.
· Supply knowledge on ingredients and nutritional labelling.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
· Recommended PhD/MS in Human Nutrition, Nutritional Sciences, Nutrition and Dietetics, Public Health Nutrition, or Food Science and Nutrition (with emphasis in Nutrition). Credentials can include RD, CNS, or appropriate medical nutrition credential.
· 5 yrs. experience as Nutritionist Specialist working in Food Category
· Experience in the ice cream industry and public health nutrition organization is an asset
· Ability to translate nutrition science knowledge and scientific insight
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Nestle Research & Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org