Factory Quality Specialist-15000275
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections
and/or standard microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and
assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the
production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability
standards. Manages finished goods positive release, net contents and
sensory program. Records statistical data. Analyzes data and
writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing
standards. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new,
standards, methods and procedures. Works closely with the Quality
Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality.
- Responsible for releasing or
holding finished product from production, PD, and TAG for retail and
- Report out detailed
information regarding the products that are held and released
- Track non-prime inventory
- Report all KPI information
for the department
- Report out finished product
- Involved in trace and recall
- Support traceability
- SAP/GLOBE QM Super user-
responsible for learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance and
reporting data from the GLOBE QM module of SAP
- Responsible for hold product
and rework documentation review and disposition.
- Support for all outside
- Responsible for allergen and
- Supports production in
decisions related to quality and food safety
- Audits GMPs, procedures and
paperwork on the production floor
- Conducts coaching and
training to employees
- Identifies gaps in procedures
- Participates in and/or lead
continuous improvement activities such as DMAIC and GSTD
- Attends SHOs, DORs and WORs
- Responsible for changes in
procedures and QMS
- Review consumer alerts and
direct follow-up of alerts
- Maintain consumer complaint
awareness through distribution of top complaints for production lines
- Manages consumer complaint
team and follow-up
- Manages Foreign Bodies Task
- Daily Review of HACCP
documentation on Shop Floor
- Daily Behaviour
Based Quality observations
- Responsible for follow-up
activities driven by CPARs from Internal Audit Team and Third Party
- Members of Internal Audit
- Conducts special projects as
- Able to work flexible hours
and able to cover off shifts
- Conducts daily routine sample
analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good
- Interprets data and reports
on trend and data analysis to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors laboratory Internal
Control Plans (ICPs) on a required frequency.
- Organizes laboratory records
and files, summarizes data, and prepares and interprets reports for
use by management. Reviews or writes procedures and work instructions
- Supports laboratory
activities to ensure a high quality of products, services,
housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in
laboratory and other analytical areas.
- Responsible for daily
equipment maintenance, ordering, stock control, stock record entry,
- Responsible for the
administration, training, and execution of off- and on-line sensory,
and test methods.
- Supports laboratory
compliance (Calibration, equipment testing, etc.) to FSSC 22000 and
Nestlé requirements while driving continuous improvement for Quality
metrics/Key Performance Indicators in the lab.
- Responsible for laboratory
and quality records in compliance with QMS, including storage and retrieval.
- Assists, advises, and trains
colleagues to attain the NQAC requirements (MI, LI, P-test, etc.)
- Employee shall follow and
carry out company policy on all required GMP, quality and food safety
requirements and escalate quality or food safety findings or
- Ensures that a high quality
of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are
maintained and improved in designated areas.
- Ensures the compliance for
FSSC 22000 while driving continuous improvement for Quality
metrics/KPIs in their area of responsibility.
- Supports Improvement
initiatives (e.g. complaints, holds) with Factory, and drives
improvement projects in DOR.
- Assist, advise
and train Operations in attaining the Nestlé quality standards (QMS,
- Communicates Quality and Food
Safety briefs to assigned line operation teams. (Is this the Quality
Specialist, or the Food Safety Team?)
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Ensures compliance with all
regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and
- To be part of the culture
change towards behavioral safety improvement.
NESTLÉ CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
- Supports key Nestlé
Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives.
Other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. Degree in Food Science,
Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field, required
- Preferably 2-3 years
manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years) experience in food
- Knowledge of continuous
- Must have good verbal and
written communication skills.
- Good mathematical and
statistical skills required.
- Must be able to handle
- Must be precise and accurate,
well organized worker.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform in a
demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Must have good mathematical
(basic statistical skills highly desirable), problem-solving and
- Proficiency with computer
systems, personal computers, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office,
etc.) and mainframe system with custom
- Proficiency in SAP/GLOBE
systems is preferred.
Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are
looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment:
Quality Assurance/Food Safety