Manager – Microbiology and Food Safety Programs - Glendale, CA
Apply NowJob ID 15004569Date posted 08/22/2015
Providesexpert technical expertise and support to Nestlé technical groups and factoriesin food microbiology, food safety in product design and validation of controlmeasures.Supports the design and continuous improvement of programs for themanagement and verification of food safety programs in Nestlé and partner(co-manufacturer, supplier) factories. Supportsthe development and implementation of division or company-wide food safetyprograms, including modifications to existing programs due to changingregulatory requirements or new information on food safety issues. Provides leadership to factories in thedevelopment of foreign material prevention programs, providing training andsupport for the troubleshooting of foreign material issues. Maintainsan overview of regulatory and technical status of issues and supports earlywarning activities. Provides input toR&D and factories on analytical testing needs and tools.
Inconjunction with Corporate and factory Quality Management and NQAC isresponsible for the development of food safety subject matter experts in factoryhygiene, thermal processing, applied microbiology and GMP within Nestlé USA andNestlé Canada. Evaluates existing foodsafety systems for continuous improvement opportunities utilizing tools such asauditing, process evaluation, research and trend analysis. Hygiene andsurveillance programs. NGMP, audits. Pathogen monitoring and standards. Leads projects on relevant food safetyissues.
1. Lead program of food safety review and support projects for existing factories and factories new to Nestlé
2. Support factories in management and problem solving in microbiology and hygiene.
3. Support vendor management activities in food safety, including the development and implementation of verification initiatives, improvement activities in food safety
4. Support the development and implementation of verification programs, including microbiological, environmental, and pathogen monitoring programs in Nestlé factories, co-manufacturers, and suppliers as appropriate.
5. Support factories in food safety plan (including HACCP and pre-requisite program) development and implementation.
6. Support market efforts in the development and roll-out of foreign material prevention programs, including participation in the global foreign body prevention network.
7. Provide food safety and microbiology support for innovation / renovation projects.
8. Support factories and Technical Groups in the validation of control measures.
9. Conduct training and competency development for Nestle and external partners.
10. Participate in internal and external food safety networks and market early warning activities.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned.
12. Maintain effective, timely communications regarding food safety concerns.
13. Travel required (30-50%)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org