Factory Quality Specialist - Solon, OH
Apply NowJob ID 15009007Date posted 01/21/2016
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Manages finished goods positive release, net contents and sensory program. Records statistical data. Analyzes data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods and procedures. Works closely with the Quality Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality.
· Responsible for releasing or holding finished product from production, PD, and TAG for retail and institutional sale
· Report out detailed information regarding the products that are held and released
· Track non-prime inventory
· Report all KPI information for the department
· Report out finished product scrap
· Involved in trace and recall procedures
· Support traceability exercises
· SAP/GLOBE QM Super user- responsible for learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the GLOBE QM module of SAP
· Responsible for hold product and rework documentation review and disposition.
· Support for all outside warehouses
· Responsible for allergen and coding maintenance
· Supports production in decisions related to quality and food safety
· Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor
· Conducts coaching and training to employees
· Identifies gaps in procedures or processes
· Participates in and/or lead continuous improvement activities such as DMAIC and GSTD
· Attends SHOs, DORs and WORs
· Responsible for changes in procedures and QMS
· Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up of alerts
· Maintain consumer complaint awareness through distribution of top complaints for production lines
· Manages consumer complaint team and follow-up
· Manages Foreign Bodies Task Force
· Daily Review of HACCP documentation on Shop Floor
· Daily Behaviour Based Quality observations
· Responsible for follow-up activities driven by CPARs from Internal Audit Team and Third Party Audits
· Members of Internal Audit Team
· Conducts special projects as assigned
· Able to work flexible hours and able to cover off shifts
· Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices.
· Interprets data and reports on trend and data analysis to appropriate personnel.
· Monitors laboratory Internal Control Plans (ICPs) on a required frequency.
· Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and prepares and interprets reports for use by management. Reviews or writes procedures and work instructions
· Supports laboratory activities to ensure a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical areas.
· Responsible for daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock control, stock record entry, reporting, etc.
· Responsible for the administration, training, and execution of off- and on-line sensory, and test methods.
· Supports laboratory compliance (Calibration, equipment testing, etc.) to FSSC 22000 and Nestlé requirements while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key Performance Indicators in the lab.
· Responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance with QMS, including storage and retrieval.
· Assists, advises, and trains colleagues to attain the NQAC requirements (MI, LI, P-test, etc.)
· Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all required GMP, quality and food safety requirements and escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents.
· Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated areas.
· Ensures the compliance for FSSC 22000 while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics/KPIs in their area of responsibility.
· Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. complaints, holds) with Factory, and drives improvement projects in DOR.
· Assist, advise and train Operations in attaining the Nestlé quality standards (QMS, MI, etc.).
· Communicates Quality and Food Safety briefs to assigned line operation teams. (Is this the Quality Specialist, or the Food Safety Team?)
· Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
· To be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety improvement.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
· B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field, required.
· Preferably 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years) experience in food industry.
· Knowledge of continuous improvement.
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Good mathematical and statistical skills required.
· Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
· Must be precise and accurate, well organized worker.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
· Must have good mathematical (basic statistical skills highly desirable), problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and mainframe system with custom applications preferred.
· Proficiency in SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org