Sr. Food Safety Microbiology Specialist
Location: Denver, Colorado
Welcome to Ardent Mills™, a new company, born from two
industry pioneers, ConAgra Mills® and Horizon Milling®. We are company
dedicated to helping you grow in a challenging marketplace. We offer the
industry’s broadest range of flours, mixes, blends and specialty products,
customized to meet your needs and backed by unrivaled technical support,
customer service and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of 40
community mills, three bakery-mix centers and a specialty bakery.
The Sr. Food Safety Microbiology Specialist will be the subject matter expert in the area of microbiology for the business. This includes risk analysis of current systems, new systems or process, new products, to identify any areas of concern for mitigation need. This role supports food safety investigations in this area and provides guidance and direction. Routine microbiological data is analyzed for any trends and follow up is conducted as needed. Customer interaction is required to explain microbiology for Ardent Mills systems and products to effectively address customer concerns.
· Ensures the adoption of best food safety practices across the organization including environmental monitoring programs, where appropriate, food safety sampling and testing regimens, and leading-edge methods deployment.
· Understands the manufacturing processes for company products and the impact of microbiology on product safety and quality with the ability to train others.
· Reviews microbiological data generated and analyzes for trends and outlier data. Develop process of review of results with third party lab partners. Provide summary information for RQT team.
· Supports appropriate pre-requisite programs to HACCP; provide assistance in the training and development of GMPs, SSOPs that support programs related to the Food Safety Modernization Act
· Conduct review with facilities to assess and evaluate procedures related to Ardent Mills Food Safety and Quality Supports food safety related issues and helps provide guidance and direction; helps conduct risk assessments and mitigation strategies
· Assists with design and implementation of research projects (both process and product), shelf-life studies, and process validations in accordance with established deadlines
· Effectively communicates with customers related to food safety and microbiological questions and issues.
Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in microbiology
· Minimum 4 years’ related industry experience
· Basic Business Acumen - Applies deep and practical business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts.
· Intermediate HAACP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify and control food safety hazards
· Intermediate Plant/Manufacturing Knowledge - Demonstrates practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.
· Intermediate Scientific Knowledge – Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of vocabulary, concepts, and methodologies of scientific discipline.
· Report writing and summary of technical data in manner that provide understanding to non-technical readers.
· Knowledge of food product development and process
· Intermediate Knowledge of Food Laws and Regulations – Demonstrates ability to read, understand, and interpret federal and state food laws in this area of expertise.
· Master’s Degree in microbiology
· Knowledge of milling, bakery ingredient, bakery, and blending operations
· 2 years’ related industry experience
· Intermediate External Partnering – actively participates in trade associations/other professional networking groups to gain insights on emerging trends and issues.
· Basic training – communicates clearly and confidently; presents information in a logical sequence.
· Demonstrated high level of Food Safety knowledge and ability to understand application in the milling, dry mix blending, and bakery mix operations.
· Demonstrated project management skills - ability to manage multiple projects and communicate goals, objectives, and accomplishments to a broad audience
· Provide micro guidance to the business (Subject Matter Expert).
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org