Technologist Food - Thonotosassa, FL
Apply NowJob Number 15008585Company Nestle ProfessionalLocation Thonotosassa, Florida
Nestlé Professional Beverages, a leader in the beverage industry has an immediate opening for a Food Technologist in Thonotosassa, FL.
POSITION SUMMARY: Work in laboratory environment to develop samples/prototypes of new products; modifying existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Responsible for the bench formulation and effective scale up from bench to production floor of new products.
· Operate and maintain lab processing equipment
· Conduct analytical tests on raw materials and finished products.
· Coordinate trial manufacturing – materials –sampling etc.
· Responsible for assisting at a corporate level the following: QA, production, other departments, and companies in troubleshooting and problem solving.
· Responsible for identifying new ingredient needs, and recommending secondary suppliers to purchasing.
· Responsible for performing sensory analysis on new products as well as on competitor’s products.
· Responsible for completing and documenting shelf life testing confirming the performance of new products.
· Operates and maintains instruments essential for gathering information for the development of new products as well as interpret data from equipment.
· Other duties as may be assigned
· Bachelor’s degree
· Five to ten years’ experience with at least three (3) years in a beverage R&D capacity
· Candidate must be knowledgeable of project management, laboratory procedures in the discipline, and required documentation
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to management.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, Algebra, and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Needs to exhibit the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
· Needs to be able to deal with formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.
· Reports directly to the Project Manager
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10% to 20% travel.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com