Research & Development
· Solid understanding of flavor raw materials with flavor creation competence, as well as their application to different beverage systems.
· Understanding of flavors with modification properties/taste modification technology. Become proficient with taste modification tools as they relate to performance, cost, regulatory, etc. Participate in the evaluation and in defining the feasibility of global modifier technology and tools.
· Demonstrate strong technical skills, specifically in the design, optimization, and production of flavors. General knowledge of basic chemistry and food science principles as related to the flavor and beverage industries.
· Successfully transition from bench top prototypes to large scale commercialization in support of global growth initiatives. Understand technical roadmaps, hurdles and key challenges. Final flavors are plant-friendly and sustainable
· Capability to modify existing flavor formulations to deliver specific profiles. In-depth knowledge of flavor application processes and best practices for flavor end use in beverage. Extensive understanding of flavor delivery systems including emulsions, extractions and blends as well as their use in beverage.
· Identify, accelerate, execute fast to market approaches to meet project goals and deliver winning taste profiles to consumers while meeting cost targets.
· Interface and build strategic networks and effective working relationships with vendors as necessary to support project work
· Collaborate and work under the guidance of senior flavorists and scientists.
· Strong technical and creative flavor background with emphasis on experience in flavor creation and technology. Proven track record in flavor creation, commercialization and hands-on bench capability
· Results oriented with the ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple project initiatives in order to meet business objectives
· Contribute to and foster a technically focused and creative environment to build PepsiCo's competitive advantage
· Experienced in multi-functional teams that are focused on multiple technology pathways
· Role model for teamwork, building relationships within the flavor group and across all partners
· Understand implications of flavor design across entire system and incorporate quality principles in work processes and output to deliver development initiatives with a total system mindset
· Highly motivated with the demonstrated ability to work independently
· Strong organizational, project management, leadership, with verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships cross-functionally both internally and externally
· Safety awareness as a condition of employment
· B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Food Science or related discipline with 7 years of experience working with flavor raw materials, ingredients and creating flavors in the flavor and food industry
· Certified Flavor Chemist preferred
· A proven track record in flavor development and hands-on bench capability
· Successful creation and commercialization of flavors: extracts, emulsions and blends; In depth knowledge of essential oils and Nat. and Art. Raw materials
· Outstanding team work, communication and leadership skills
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
Job Ref: 86197BR
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com