Job Title:Food Inspector (Processed Products) (Egg Product Inspector)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Food Safety and Inspection Service
Job Announcement Number:FSIS-2015-MCE-0393
The Food Safety and Inspection Service
(FSIS) is the public health agency in the U.S. Department of Agriculture
responsible for ensuring that the nation's commercial supply of meat,
poultry, and egg products is safe, wholesome and correctly labeled and packaged.
· Not Required
· US Citizenship is required.
· Pre-employment Physical is required.
· Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
· Detailed Resume and Supporting Documents
· Occupational Questionaire completion and passing score on the assessment
· Background Suitability Investigation and Fingerprints
The Food Inspector (Processed Products) (Egg Products Inspector) serves as an Inspector-in-Charge (IIC) and the sole in-plant food inspector responsible for a separate shift in a multi-inspector plant. Assignments includes performing the full range of egg products assignments to verify that the food safety system in the official egg products plant is in compliance with the Egg Products Inspection Act and related regulations, and that the egg product produced is safe, wholesome, and unadulterated. Below are some of the duties you may perform:
· Serves as the in-plant egg products inspector who is responsible for a shift in a multi-shift operation. Assignments are in plants with hand or machine breaking of eggs with limited formulation of products (i.e., breaks and pasteurizes less than five different formulations, plant only breaks and ships unpasteurized tankers, plant only repackages previously inspected egg products)
· Monitors the plant and processing operations to assure that all egg products are in full compliance with laws and regulations, assures that facilities and equipment are maintained in a sanitary condition, and inspects shell eggs for proper condition in accordance with appropriate regulations.
· Monitors egg breaking operations including the reexamination of egg products after egg breaking has taken place. In plants that formulate products, observes the ingredients handling and product formulation assuring that products are formulated in accordance with approved labels.
· Maintains good working relations with plant personnel by explaining decisions, obtaining corrections when deficiencies are noted in sanitation, processing or storage conditions, and coordinating the inspection activities with the plant activities.
· Works with plant management to develop plans for preventing or correctiog problem conditions that may lead to the manufacture of egg products not in compliance with Federal requirements.
· Performs work within the Agency's automated Public Health Information System (PHIS) to include updating establishment profiles, selecting appropriate inspection tasks, entering information and reacting to data from PHIS that contributes to data-driven Tier of Inspection determinations.
All information used to evaluate your
application and all qualification and eligibility requirements, including
time-in-grade restriction, specialized experience and/or education, as
defined in this announcement, must be met by 11:59 P.M. Eastern Time of the
closing date of this announcement. Once the position is closed, no additional
information will be accepted.
· Be physically and mentally able to efficiently perform the job functions, without hazard to themselves and others
· Have full range of motion to perform rapid repetitive twisting and working with arms above shoulder level
· Be able to stand and walk on slippery and uneven floors and catwalks, and climbing stairs and ladders
· Be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 44 pounds
· Have manual dexterity of the upper body, including arms, hands, and fingers with a normal sense of touch in both hands
· Must be free of chronic eye disease
· Have good near and distance vision
· Have the ability to distinguish shades of color. (Any significant degree of color blindness (25 percent or more error rate on approved color plate test) is disqualifying).
· The ability to hear and understand conversational voice.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standard for the Food Inspector position may be reviewed by clicking on this link: Food Inspector (1863) Qualifications
be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
· The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Under category rating, applicants who meet basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position and whose job related competencies have been assessed are ranked by being placed in one of the following categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
· You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
· Oral Communication and Writing
· Decision Making
· Flexibility and Team Work
· Self management and Integrity/Honesty
· We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
You can review our benefits at: http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/enrollment/new-federal-employee-enrollment/
· The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. To find out more visit: Benefits Of Working For The Federal Government.
· We are a qualifying employer of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more information please visit: PSLF Program.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that
you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from
having to do so.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
HOW TO APPLY:
Please read the entire announcement and
all the instructions before you begin.
· You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
· We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, please contact our office during business hours well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages with supporting documents must be submitted no later than noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
· This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Step 1: Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not already have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.
Step 2: Create a Resume with USAJOBS or upload a Resume into your USAJOBS account. You may want to customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. In addition, your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).
Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the
Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be
• NOTE: 18 U.S.C. 1719 prohibits the use of Government franked envelopes for application packages.
· A resume should be provided. It should include relevant work experience (start/end dates stated in month/year, description of duties and salary), applicable education at a minimum, and your contact information. For current or previous Federal employees, it should also include the Pay Plan, Series and Grade for each work experience entry.
· For current or previous Federal employees, please attach a copy of your most recent SF-50 or agency notification of personnel action form that provides current position, grade level, and duty location.
· If you are a veteran claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach your DD-214 "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," showing all dates of service, receipt of medals and campaign badges, as well as character of service (Honorable, General, etc.). The member 4 copy of your DD-214, “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,” is preferable.
· When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible veterans should claim preference on their application or resume. Applicants claiming 10-point preference must complete Standard Form (SF) 15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference", and submit the requested documentation.
· For a disabled veteran, you must submit a Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) letter on DVA letterhead that states your overall combined service-connected disability rating.
You must submit a complete Application Package, prior to 11:59, ET, on the closing date of this announcement. The following documents must be submitted for your application package to be considered complete. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents are received within the required timeframes. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, system failure or downtime, etc. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
· Resume that includes the following information: 1) job information for which you are applying; 2) personal information; 3) education; 4) work experience including the work schedule and hours worked per week as well as dates of employment; and title, series and grade if applicable; 5) supervisors phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 6) other qualifications.
· College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or you are substituting education for specialized experience and/or if you are using education to meet the criteria for the quality category. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if selected, an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty.
· DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) if claiming Veterans’ Preference. Veterans claiming 10 point preference must also submit a VA Letter and an SF-15 Application for 10-point Veteran Preference. Current Active Duty members must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions dated within the last 120 days.
· Other required documents may include:
· CTAP/ICTAP Required Documentation Reduction-In-Force: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position you will be separated from.
· Worker's Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
· Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held. Military Reserve or National Guard Technician Special Disability Retirement Annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456: Certification of special disability retirement annuity from a military department or National Guard Bureau AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:Claudia Nochebuena
Email: Claudia.Nochebuena@fsis.usda.gov Agency Information:
FSIS Human Resources Operations Division
Butler Square West 4th Floor, 100 North Sixth Street
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you set up your USAJOBS account to send automatic email notifications, you will receive an email acknowledging: 1) the submission of your online Occupational Questionnaire and resume was successful, 2) if you were referred to the selecting official for consideration, and 3) if you were selected or not selected. If you choose not to set up automatic email notifications, you must check your USAJOBS account for the latest status of your application. Your application may be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position prior to issuing lists to a selecting official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted. Normally, a final job offer to the selected candidate is made within 30-60 days after the issuance of the certificate.
Job Announcement Number:
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org