Formulations Specialist - Bridgewater, NJ
Now Job Number 15008680Company Nestle Health ScienceLocation Bridgewater, New Jersey
Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the
opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the
management of health and establish a new industry between food and
pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are
ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are
growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time,
scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition
– as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to
be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over
3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from
bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales
force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to
position will initially start at our Minnetonka MN location but, will be
relocated to our new Bridgewater NJ facility in 2017
this position you will be responsible to develop,
issue, and revise recipes to support the on-time commercialization of
Product/Process Innovation & Renovation projects in coordination with internal/external
functional groups, making sure that all processes and requirements related
to Materials and Recipe Management are followed, and comply with corporate
and regulatory standards.
• Professional support to enforce the
Nestlé Quality Management System requirements and ensure compliance by
design before new formulations are implemented at the factory level.
Participate and represent MRM in Project Teams to support product
• Support regulatory validation and compliance by creating internal
validation documents (Validation #2 and #3), expanded formulation
development and also gets involved with product and ingredient/component
specification creation, review, revision, and approval.
• Mastery of Nestle GREAT tools (SAP, SAP RM, DevEx,
CAT) to issue compliant general recipes. Profiles
and recipes to become up to date, SAP-RM RMS's approved and locked down,
Validation 3's complete and on file for currently produced products.
• Ensure compliance of existing products by assisting with NCR
investigations, reviewing stability data, aiding the applications group
understand the impact of qualifying a new raw material on the expanded
formula, and working with the Quality team on reviewing yearly full label analyses.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition, or an equivalent field,
along with a basic understanding of statistics, FDA regulations, and Good
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, persuasion/
consensus building skills, be detail-oriented, and be self-motivated.
• Experience with specification systems is preferred (in particular, CAT, Devex, SAP-RM).
• Experience with Microsoft Office products is essential.
• Ability to analyze and summarize data and make recommendations
• Good scientific knowledge of raw material composition and understanding
of raw material requirements
• Understanding of project management and the product development process
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action
employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: