Food Safety and Quality Control Coordinator
– Chef Merito
Chef Merito, a manufacturer of quality seasonings for meat, chicken, fish and other fine Hispanic recipes, with over 30 years in the food industry is looking for a self-motived, energetic and outgoing person to join our team as a Food Safety and Quality Coordinator in our Los Angeles Facility. The Food Safety and Quality Control Coordinator will help ensure compliance with audits and effective management of our related regulatory paperwork. This position requires the ability to exhibit independence, flexibility and good judgment to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
· Assist with evaluating activities related to the Safe Quality Food Program (SQF) and HACCP.
· Participate and prepare for all food safety audits.
· Stimulate and cultivate “a zero safety incident mentality” throughout the facility.
· Provide assistance to ensure Quality System programs, processes and procedures are implemented successfully and function as designed throughout the operation in order to ensure the quality and integrity of manufactured products and services.
· Assess and evaluate facility personnel and make recommendations to the Quality Food Safety Manager regarding strategies to remedy training, skills, or performance deficiencies.
· Conduct root cause analysis on defective materials.
· Ensure consistent and thorough follow-up to non-conformities as it relates to quality food safety.
· Help maintain a root cause database and provide feedback to customers when required.
· Assess and suggest modifications to improve the efficiency of the SQF and HACCP programs.
· Assist with the Overall Plant Safety Program.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience required.
· Preferred 2-4 years combined food safety, technical, manufacturing, and/or quality management experience preferably in a food production environment.
· Exposure in a manufacturing environment utilizing SQF, HACCP, TQM, ISO, and other quality tools.
· Working knowledge of General Management Practice compliance is preferred.
· The ability to utilize structured problem solving methods to deliver results.
· Demonstrated competence to work and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, with willingness and ability to learn new systems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
· Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
· Core Competencies: Accountability, Change Agent, Flexible, Communications, Simplifies the Complex, Teamwork, Strategic Thinking, Commitment to Excellence, Leadership
To be considered, please apply by submitting your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Chef Merito offers competitive benefits including vacation pay, medical benefits, and other benefits. Only those with the above qualifications will be considered. No agency, please.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com