Global Chocolate Food Safety Lead-HAC03306 - New Jersey
Position Title: Global Chocolate Food Safety Lead
Reports to: Global Chocolate Quality & Food Safety Director
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of this role is to develop and lead implementation of the global chocolate segment food safety strategy and programme and to provide expert support and leadership to the Chocolate segment regional teams in food safety matters, including incident resolution. This role is a key part of the Chocolate Segment Q&FS team.
This is a very small team and so much of the delivery of the role needs to be achieved through others. It is therefore essential that the job holder is able to effectively work with the corporate and regional Q&FS teams and across the business as necessary to achieve our shared objective of delighting our consumers with product they can be confident to eat always.
The job holder needs to have the scientific credibility to represent Mars Inc externally on food safety matters. In addition to the scientific credibility they need to have strong industrial operational, practical knowledge and business understanding to provide appropriate and accepted advice on food safety incidents and standards development across the Global Chocolate Segment.
· Lead the identification of food safety needs & opportunities in the Chocolate segment
· Lead development & execution of a segment food safety maintenance & improvement programme to address these needs & opportunities, including the development of segment-specific standards and best practices
· Coordinate the community of regional Chocolate food safety associates to drive & deploy standards, align on implementation detail & build expertise within the segment
· Drive food safety and microbiology competency development across the Global Chocolate Segment by developing training tools and conducting training sessions
· Collaborate with global segment engineering and Science & Technology teams to ensure quality & food safety requirements are included in technology standards and best practices
· Ensure alignment within the chocolate Q&FS community on the above quality & food safety requirements
· Collaborate effectively with the corporate Q&FS team and cross-segment in the development & deployment of food safety standards and laboratory network strategy & governance, ensuring that Chocolate segment needs are prioritized as appropriate, particularly in the area of microbiology
· Identify Global Chocolate Segment research needs and establish a supporting food safety science research portfolio in collaboration with internal and external partners
· As the subject matter expert, provide science based solutions & expert support to food safety incidents across the Global Chocolate Segment.
· Serve as the lead Mars Global Chocolate Segment/Mars Inc associate in key trade, academic and professional organizations as agreed. Influence decisions to ensure that Mars Inc interests are reflected in external organization positions and ultimately in regulatory policies.
Mission Critical Competencies
· Influencing skills (Peer Relationships, Political Savvy, Comfort around Higher Management)
· Integrity & Trust
· Customer Focus
· Problem solving & Decision Quality
· Strategic agility
Key Functional Competencies
· Expert in microbiology, food safety science and food science
· In-depth knowledge of food processing, food chemistry, raw material supply chains, risk assessment and food safety regulation/legislative requirements
· Expertise in managing food safety programs including pathogen control, environmental surveillance, allergen control and mycotoxin management
· Expertise in programs for the analysis and detection of microorganisms, allergens, and mycotoxins including experience in laboratory management
· Strong influencing skills both within and outside of Mars
· Established network of key influencers in food safety and food microbiology. Well recognized and respected by government, academic and peers within the industry
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects and program areas.
· Implementing and managing food safety control programs
· Troubleshooting food safety issues and incidents within processing facilities and along
· Managing food safety research programmes
· Working within professional/trade/academic organizations to promote business interests and to develop an external reputation as a leading Microbiology and Food Safety professional
Degree (preferably PhD) in microbiology or food science with a strong microbiology element
People Management Responsibility Direct (management associates)
· 0 direct reports
Direct (non-management associates)
· 0 direct reports
Indirect (management/non-management associates)
· Regional Microbiology and Food Safety Managers (Community of Practice)
Research and Development
Europe and Russia-NET-Noord - Brabant, Europe and Russia-UK-Berkshire
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org