& HACCP Manager - New
Nutrition & HACCP Manager
Fresh Food Factor
The Nutrition and HACCP Manager will be responsible for the all K–12, CACFP
and SFSP menus for the Fresh Food Factor. The incumbent will create,
nutritious balanced menus meeting or exceeding all USDA guidelines while
formulating all menus within Nutrikids Software.
He/she will report directly to the Food Service Director and work cohesively
with the Fresh Food Factor management team on all new R&D as well as
upgrading existing recipes ensuring all meal component requirements are met
and within budgetary confines. Ongoing training of food service staff
ensuring portion size compliance and food safety is adhered to at all times.
This position will also require implementing, updating and maintaining daily
the existing Fresh Food Factor HACCP Manual as well as all school site HACCP
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, monitor and administer
school menus while ensuring the menu cost is within the budget
- Become proficient In Nutrikids software and perpetual inventory systems.
- Plan and analyze menus for all
schools to ensure that United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Meal Pattern and nutritional requirements are met.
- Work cohesively with the
procurement manager ensuring the best product at the best price
- Enforce federal and state
regulations regarding nutritional standards, reports and records.
Prepare and maintain all records for required audits and reviews.
- Assess customer preference,
industry trends and current research to develop a long range plan that
facilitates continuous program improvement.
- Schedule and perform ongoing
- Perform school site audits for
internal records and address discrepancies.
- HACCP – Form a team, Implement
and monitor existing plan daily, maintaining records and updating as
necessary and periodically.
- Ensure that established
sanitation and safety standards are maintained.
- Work closely alongside VOAGNO
Marketing Dept providing material that
promotes the Fresh Food Factor school nutrition to students, parents,
other school personnel, and the community.
- Participate in organized school
advisory Board Taste testing’s.
- Develop a marketing plan that
promotes the school nutrition services to students, parents, other
school personnel, and the community.
- Coordinate and conduct training
programs for Fresh Food Factor Food service employees and school staff
on professional development.
annual reviews on food safety inspections and commodities.
- Menu planning and modification
for children with special dietary needs.
- Coordinating special diets with
food service staff, parents, students, principals, nurses and teachers.
& TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a Registered Dietician
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
in dietetics, foods and nutrition, food service systems management,
clinical nutrition or a related area,
- Participate in professional
development activities to remain current in the dietetic field
- Must be HACCP Certified.
- Must be Servsafe
- One or more years of employment
experience as a dietician/ HACCP.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The incumbent must have
- Knowledge to perform
mathematical functions including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; to read technical
information, creates and/or compose documents.
- Working knowledge of inventory
- Knowledge of recordkeeping.
- Perform standard
- Perform standard clerical
- An intermediate level of
- Ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with others.t,.
- Excellent communication skills
(listening, verbal, and written).
- Planning/organizing skills.
- Self-Motivated/Ability to work
with little or no supervision.
- Professionalism & positive
This position requires frequent (40%) travel to other locations, as
appropriate in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Current driver’s license issued
by state of residence.
- Current Vehicle Inspection
- Current Louisiana or Mississippi
- Current vehicle registration in
state of residence.
- Satisfactory motor vehicle
- Member of the Louisiana
- Member of the American Dietetic
- Member of the School Nutrition
- Member of the School Nutrition
Association of Louisiana (SNAL)
- Must be able to pass a criminal
Dexterity is used while performing work with personal computer keyboard,
calculator and other office equipment. Noise levels in the food
production area can be expected to be moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- See more at: http://voagno.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2k7byk4u615/aaac#sthash.h5l2lLKB.dpuf