Southeast Poultry has openings for the following
Directs quality assurance factory floor and personnel while maintaining a
close rapport with production and the Quality team to identify, solve and
prevent problems affecting quality. A key position within the Quality Team
providing expertise and support to the Operations department and factory
Management staff, fostering a cross departmental quality and compliance
- Continuously inspect product, plant, employees, and equipment on the
manufacturing floor to ensure quality and food safety standards are met.
- Physically inspect raw, in-process, and finished product for quality
- Complete required documentation (quality, food safety and test forms)
honestly and accurately.
- Report discrepancies and violations along with solutions to the Quality
Assurance Supervisor immediately.
- Contribute to a successful food safety culture by following and enforcing
the established guidelines as outlined by USDA regulations and Southeast
- Follow all company food safety protocols without fail.
- Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Ability to work rotating AM and PM shifts,
weekend and holiday hours if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment;
willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions,
work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or
task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
- Ensures an active internal quality audit program in compliance
- Ensure update HACCP, GMP, and SOPs as needed and ensures training of
associates at all levels on quality programs.
- Manages relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers,
colleagues, and support services to ensure achievement of targets.
- Actively participates in the change control process.
- Perform physical activities such as, but not limited to lifting equipment
(up to 25 lbs unassisted), bending, kneeling,
crouching, standing, climbing or walking.
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or
- One (1) to three (3) years of food safety or quality assurance
supervisory experience in a poultry or food manufacturing environment is
- Experience and knowledge of raw materials, production processes and
- Up-to-date knowledge of State and Federal food safety regulations, Good
Management Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
(HACCP), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure (SSOP) programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual
(English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Routine exposure to a cold and wet manufacturing environment (34-36 degrees
F), the smell of poultry, outdoor weather conditions, heavy machinery,
forklift traffic and loud noises. Some exposure to a business casual office