Director, Food Safety - Dairy Management Inc. - Rosemont, IL
DIRECTOR, FOOD SAFETY CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Director, Food Safety (Rosemont, IL)
The purpose of this position is to lead Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy (IC) Food Safety projects and support Dairy Management Inc. long and short term goals. Key responsibilities include the organization and daily execution of Innovation Center Food Safety initiatives including food safety workshops, Listeria controls research, and organizing multi-company initiatives. This individual will work across multiple companies, universities, and organizations. S/he will provide food safety counsel internally and externally and ensure outcomes from programs are communicated to partners.
Provide daily leadership and support to Innovation Center Food Safety workshops. Organize workshops, coordinate with consultants and industry expert trainers. Serve as an internal and external expert.
· Provide strategic leadership and input on workshop content, organization, sponsorship, and recruiting.
· Develop deep relationships with industry experts to facilitate existing IC platform efforts and identify future opportunities.
· Optimize leverage of industry resources on behalf of US dairy farmers.
Assist with Listeria Research Consortium and Listeria Research projects.
· Help organize Consortium team & external expert panels
· Identify opportunities to leverage the National Dairy Foods Research Center Network
· Help manage annual RFP and project selection process
Support Innovation Center Food Safety sub-committees
· Facilitate communication within platforms and between committee members to keep initiatives on track, informed, and cohesive. Ensure that program outcomes are communicated to appropriate Dairy Management Inc. and Innovation Center members
Provide leadership on outreach, activation, and communication. Example of activities:
· Coordinate communications, website, databases and other activities.
· Communicate key research outcomes to DMI staff, industry, industry partners, and scientific communities, as appropriate. Write and present results and technical information at national scientific and trade meetings.
Education & Experience: Degree in Dairy Science, Microbiology, Food Science, or related field. Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred. Five + years industry experience in Food Safety, R&D, Quality, or Dairy Technology. Experience with trade organizations and/or leading external relationships a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Customer service and teamwork orientation required. Candidate must be highly skilled in oral and written communications. Must possess ability to lead a group and work with others in pursuit of a vision through interpersonal skills, issue sensitivity, problem solving, facilitation, and negotiation. Must have strong technical skills including food safety, microbiology, food science, research design, and dairy.
We offer competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision), work/life balance, generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and is accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 45,000-plus dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy Management Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com