Quality Specialist, Beef & Pork - OSI Group – Aurora, IL
Quality Specialist, Beef & Pork Category
OSI Group www.osigroup.com
This position is responsible for performing the day-to-day functions within the vendor quality performance management group with a focus on beef and pork vendors. Responsibilities include administering the vendor approval program, maintaining approved vendor lists and supporting documentation, and providing both vendors and manufacturing facilities with support to ensure that established quality standards are met.
This position will work with R&D, Process Team, Operations, Procurement, Risk Management, Accounting and other QA groups throughout the organization.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and manage vendor approval process that would include development and maintenance of policies and procedures for current and new beef, import beef, and pork vendors.
· Communicate vendor expectations and purchase specifications to current and potential vendors and maintain vendor responses.
· Maintain a list of approved vendors and communicate the list to other functional areas (Procurement, R&D, business units, etc.) for beef, import beef, and pork.
· Conduct regular vendor plant facility reviews with vendors regarding performance data and the vendor’s ability to meet OSI and customer specific expectations.
· Monitor data within the vendor performance tracking systems (or ranking) and produce and distribute reports that alert management of trends.
· Develop and implement “Natural” and “Traceable” verification activities to be conducted as part of vendor site visit reviews.
· Collaborate with manufacturing facilities to evaluate and document vendor performance issues; manage follow-up on corrective and preventive measures.
· Support plant and corporate quality teams in managing emerging quality and food safety risks related to vendors and raw material supply.
· Maintain third-party audit results and supplier status (e.g., animal welfare, food safety, GMP's, customer specified addendums, and new supplier approval process).
· Provide recommendations to management where insufficient audit or visit results have been identified.
· Provides ongoing coaching and training to supply partners by sharing best practices and finding solutions to identified issues.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum BS in Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science or related field required.
· Minimum 3 years of meat harvest / fabrication plant experience in Quality Assurance required
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels within the organization and with external vendors.
· Working knowledge of quality assurance, food safety, food manufacturing processes, technologies or other relevant areas of responsibility
· Strong relationship skills necessary to achieve successful partnerships and collaborations, both internally and externally, with diverse workgroups.
· Relevant experience with government regulatory requirements in food processing
· Travel will be up to 50-70% of time.
Please submit resume to:
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com