Quality Assurance Field Coordinator - (00006753) - San Antonio TX
Summary Description: The Quality Assurance Coordinator assists with the design, development, implementation, and execution of all quality assurance programs throughout the supply chain (i.e. raw materials, manufacturing, storage, distribution, and Unit) for all products and restaurants in the Whataburger system and Retail segment. Provides support to the Director, Quality Management Systems and Field QA Manager. Supports and provides guidance to the activities related to the Quality Assurance (QA) Hotline. Performs and analyzes product audits and reports any discrepancies to the Field QA Manager. Participates in monitoring and managing Whataburger Food and Packaging suppliers’ manufactured goods. Maintains current QA files.
· Coordinates activities related to the verification of the consistent quality and safety of all products supplied to the Whataburger system, such as third party product audits, third party facility audits, third party bakery audits, temperature monitoring, and supplier production summaries.
· Uses recognized industry and regulatory practices and procedures to ensure brand protection by validating that all current and potential suppliers to the Whataburger system provide products that are safe, conforming and consistent.
· Addresses issues regarding product quality, service providers and distribution reported to the QA Hotline.
· Assists with product hold and release.
· Complies and maintains Supplier Balance Scorecard.
· Assists with the creation, review and updates to Policies and Procedures.
· Prepares Quality Alerts and works with the appropriate departments on communication.
· Analyzes supplier production summaries and 3rd product audit reports for deviations or variations from Whataburger specifications. Reports deviations to QA Field Manager.
· Maintains current QA files and specifications.
· Prepares correspondences and reports, maintains various databases and files, and supports the staff of the Quality Management Systems Team in a professional manner.
· Maintains a working knowledge of industry manufacturing processes.
· Inspects the physical plants of all manufacturers of Whataburger products to ensure that generally accepted practices of good manufacturing are being employed and that manufacturing of Whataburger, Inc. products is done in a clean and sanitary environment.
· Monitors food labeling and safe production and handling laws and regulations to ensure Whataburger is in compliance with such laws and regulations.
· Reports all changes in supplier manufacturing procedures to QA Field Manager.
· Regularly reports the quality of key Whataburger products.
· Supports the established QA programs to maintain consistency in bread quality.
· Visits distributors monthly to review receiving and handling procedures, rotation and food quality.
· Upgrades suppliers’ quality programs as needed.
· Visits Whataburger units as needed for feedback on the quality and consistency of food products.
· Visits Whataburger units as needed for feedback on the operational testing of alternative suppliers or new products.
· Coordinates the design, development, implementation and execution of Quality Assurance programs to ensure food quality, food safety, and performance standards of food and packaging products.
· Coordinates the evaluation and verification of the existing quality systems at the supplier/manufacturer/distributor level through scheduled audits of supplier/manufacturer facilities, supplied products, and distribution facilities to ensure that all applicable Whataburger, federal, and state requirements are satisfied.
· Monitors the development, implementation, and maintenance of raw materials, and finished product specifications, and for all food and non-food products.
· Monitors the development, implementation, and maintenance of finished product evaluation procedures to verify product performance and compliance to established specifications.
· Ensures the maintenance of current Quality Assurance files including updating QMS program binders (i.e. Animal Welfare, Beef Binder, Bread Binder and Sygma Binder).
· Supports the investigation and evaluation of foreign object samples and food illness reports submitted to QA by the Benefits Services Dept. as part of the customer claims resolution process. Travels to other markets to evaluate the consistency of the bread programs.
· Participates in planning annual monitoring activities for Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs.
· Supports the approval process for new suppliers and potential alternate suppliers of current products.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field preferred
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
· Prefer 2 to 3 years quality assurance/quality control experience.
· 0-6 months experience preferably in restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
· Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Proficiency in JD Edwards
· Thorough knowledge of food safety, HACCP, quality systems, GMP, FDA, USDA, and regulatory requirements regarding products and restaurants
· Knowledge of product preparation/cooking procedures and equipment operation
· Basic professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
· Elementary understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
· Elementary understanding of departmental structure and policies with an elementary understanding of the cross- functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC
· Elementary ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION: (Certificate requirement appropriate to position)
· ServSafe Basic Certification
: United States-Texas-san antonio TX
1077 Central Parkway South
1077 Central Parkway South
San Antonio 78232
: Purchasing & Supply Chain
: Jan 26, 2016, 1:22:05 PM
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org