Food Technologist I - Aurora, Il
Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing & marketing of sports and nutrition solutions. The company is headquartered in Downers Grove, IL and markets products under its own brands and for many of the leading brands of sports and wellness products through the world. This exciting business continues to grow rapidly and is currently seeking a Food Technologist I.
New Product Development
· Develop foods and supplements including: powdered and RTD beverages, capsule, and tablets. Includes: formulation, validating ingredient vendors, preliminary costing and preparing nutritional panels.
· Create and flavor prototypes.
· Organizes sensory panels. Refines formulations until desired characteristics are achieved.
· Conducts pilot plant experiments and oversees scale-up manufacturing runs.
· Sends plant trials and various finished products out for analytical testing to confirm Supplement/Nutrition facts panels.
· Enters new innovation formulas into nutritional software
· Reformulates to bring formulations into compliance with changing government regulations or customer requirements.
· Monitors product stability.
· Documents all formulations, variables tested, product stability, and other pertinent details and enters into lab notebooks.
· Generates compliant Supplement/Nutrition facts panels and ingredient listings for product packaging and proofreads for accuracy.
· Produces formula cost information; works with purchasing, finance, and sales teams to help establish final product pricing; initiates new item forms for all product introductions.
· Contributes to innovation ideas in a team environment.
· Identifies & overcomes barriers to successful innovation by developing strong interdepartmental relationships with marketing, sales, manufacturing, operations, quality, and purchasing teams.
· Works with key suppliers to keep abreast of upcoming trends, novel ingredients, and new application ideas.
· Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or related field.
· 0-4 years of relevant experience working in the food, beverage, or dietary supplement industry.
· Prior development and knowledge of supplements including powered & RTD beverages, capsules & tablets a plus.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and nutritional software. SAP experience preferred.
· Prior development experience with sports nutrition products or functional ingredients is a plus.
Note: This is a lab position where all food allergens (milk, soy, nuts, wheat, egg, shellfish etc.) are present. This person will be tasting and therefore exposed to them. Please make candidates aware.
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com