Research and Dev Technologist - (1500000D) - Edina, MN
The R&D Technologist is responsible for supporting the Food Scientists and Technologists in the research and experiments at SunOpta. This position will support the development of food and liquids as well as be responsible for maintaining the condition of the laboratory, ingredients, and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in development of products from conception to production to meet customer specifications and needs.
· Assist in the formulation, bench top cook-up, flavor and color application.
· Assist R&D Manager and Food Scientist in the coordination of internal and external trials.
· Assist in conducting sensory evaluation studies on new ingredients, flavors and finished products.
· Conduct shelf life studies, writing of final reports and communicating results to R&D Manager.
· Taste or smell food and/or beverages to ensure flavor meet specifications; or to select samples with specific characteristics.
· Complete required commercialization documents and enter production formulas and process procedures into Oracle system.
· Cleaning of laboratory equipment.
· Maintain the laboratory organizational and cleanliness schedule.
· Maintain the laboratory inventory of ingredients, equipment and supplies.
· Coordinate the shipping of prototype samples to customers.
· Complete documentation for organic, non-GMO and other certifications as required.
· Complete product specifications on customer web based sites; with all required product information.
· Adhere to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
· Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
· Addtional duties/responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates or Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, or related field.
· One year of Laboratory Technician experience. Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
· Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Experience speaking before groups of customers and/or employees in an organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate to possess a strong working knowledge of regulatory, organic, non-GMO and kosher requirements. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Knowledge of Genesis Nutritional program systems a plus. Must be able to lift 50 lbs of heavy items.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 95% of work is performed in a Lab/office environment. 5% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
: United States
Edina US Corporate Office
7301 Ohms Lane Suite 600
: Research & Development
: Individual Contributor
: Day Job
: Yes, 5 % of the Time
: Feb 12, 2015, 1:47:20 PM
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com