The comprehensive food
safety information website
Regional Food Safety Coordinator - Tosca - Garland, TX
Tosca is a leading provider of reusable packaging and supply chain solutions in the perishable food supply chain. We focus on optimizing the flow of perishables, eliminating waste at every turn – product, packaging and labor waste. Our reusable plastic containers – the most comprehensive portfolio in the industry – improve product protection, lower costs and are more sustainable than single-use packaging.
The Regional Food Safety Coordinator is accountable for the organization of food safety specific certifications (ISO) while working with the production team at the plant. This position is responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) across multiple facilities and their associated certifications. This role is based in Garland, TX with responsibility for multiple locations across the U.S.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
· Implementation and ongoing management of an ISO 22000 FSMS certification for multiple service centers.
o HACCP systems
o Environmental Monitoring programs
o Traceability and Recall
o Corrective Action management
· Purchasing & Supplier evaluation programs
· Work closely with Service Center Managers to ensure compliance to company and food safety scheme standards.
· Oversight and verification of production process controls and programs to ensure compliance of finished product and raw materials to established specifications
· Facilitate monthly service center internal inspections/audits
· Develop training schedules and facilitate training for all employees on Food Safety and HACCP Principles
· Accountable for the preparation and adherence of written food safety objectives and incorporate innovation within continuous improvement.
· Investigate quality concerns with customers and suppliers and develop / resolve with corrective measures.
· Promote food safety program awareness through internal communication, postings, newsletters, and specific training programs
Requirements, Experience, & Education (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
· Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in physical and biological sciences or equal amount of relatable experience
· Experience in Regulatory Policy, preferred
· 3-5 years of working knowledge of HACCP and hold a current certification, preferred
· Food and packaging industry experience is strongly preferred
· Knowledge of GFSI and associated Food Safety Management Schemes, specifically FSSC 22000
· Excellent time management and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and the ability to work independently
· Attention to detail and accuracy, sense of urgency and flexibility
· Good understanding of production – plant and office procedures
· Ability to work effectively to meet objectives with team members of another department
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, and with customers
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Please submit resume and cover letter along with salary expectations to email@example.com.
Tosca is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/D/V
Tosca participates in E-Verify.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org