Food Safety Manager - Salinas, California
Food Safety Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE: Ensure that all Dole suppliers follow Dole Food Safety requirements. Act as liaison with other Dole departments, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies.
Supervise and training Food Safety Specialists and Food Safety Samplers
Ensure that all Dole suppliers are approved and have third-party audits.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION: Provide training, tools, and scheduling for food safety specialists to ensure that all assignments are done on time. Work with staff to ensure that all areas of microbial risk are appropriately identified, mitigated, and documented. Act as a liaison and representative of Food Safety with other Dole departments, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies.
1. In the event of a recall, coordinate documentation retrieval and work as liaison with FDA.
2. Provide training, documentation, and technical expertise to suppliers to ensure they are following all food safety requirements.
3. Be informed about food safety microbiology and food safety, customer, industry, and federal and state requirements to ensure they are implemented and explained to all responsible parties.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Technical knowledge of regulatory requirements, microbial hazards, HACCP program development, sanitation procedures.
· Management and Training Skills
· Strong Written and Verbal Skills
· Strong Computer skills
· Ability to speak Spanish highly desirable.
· Advanced degree in biology, microbiology, agriculture.
· HACCP certification.
· Minimum of five years of experience in field food safety.
Salinas, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com