The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Technologist II - Downers Grove, Illinois
This mid-level lab position will be expected to work both independently and in conjunction with their Manager and other Food Technologists on the development of powder, bar, ready-to-drink (etc…) projects from concept through execution. Successful candidates must demonstrate a proven track record in the development and execution of bringing new concepts to market. The ability to juggle multiple projects and apply critical thinking, organizational, communication and analytical skills is essential.
Note: This is a lab position where all food allergens (milk, soy, nuts, peanuts, wheat, egg, etc…) are present. This person will be involved in tasting a variety product types and subsequently exposed to them.
New Product Development
· Formulate and Develop foods and supplements including: powdered and RTD beverages, capsule, and tablets. Includes: formulation, validating ingredient and ingredient vendors, preliminary costing and preparing nutritional/supplement panels.
· Create and flavor prototypes.
· Organizes sensory panels. Refines formulations until desired characteristics are achieved.
· Oversees pilot plant experiments and scale-up manufacturing runs
· Initiates raw material and factory trial analytical testing.
· Enters raw material specifications and formulas into product development software.
· Reformulates to bring formulations into compliance with changing government regulations or customer requirements.
· Monitors product stability.
· Guide and mentor junior team members as needed
· Documents all formulations, variables tested, product stability, and other pertinent details and enters into lab notebooks and Formula Management System.
· Produces formula cost information; works with purchasing, finance, and sales teams to help establish final product pricing; initiates new item forms for all product introductions.
· Works with Regulatory to generate compliant Supplement/Nutrition facts panels and ingredient listings for product packaging/artwork and proofreads for accuracy.
· Raw material specification advisement and review.
· Contributes to innovation, trouble shooting, and brain storming ideas in a team environment.
· Works with key suppliers to keep abreast of upcoming trends, novel ingredients, and new application ideas.
· Knowledge and development history of powdered beverages is essential
· Knowledge and application of sweet systems is essential
· Advanced knowledge in one of the aforementioned formats (Tabs/Caps, RTDs, etc…) is a must
· Understands daily lab processes and production processes
Skills of the position
· Detail oriented, well organized, and follows GMP lab and factory guidelines
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), nutritional software
· SAP Experience is preferred
Competencies for the position
· Demonstrates Self Development –personally committed to continuously improvement of self
· Displays Priority Setting – spends time on what’s important
· Exhibits Composure: does not become offensive or irritated when times are tough
· Possess Interpersonal Savvy –builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact.
· Mentoring and Influencing others
· Ability to make decisions in a timely manner…
· Works well in a fast paced “hands on” environment
· Prior development and knowledge of dietary supplements is an advantage
Downers Grove, Illinois, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org