Cheesemaker/HACCP - Cowgirl Creamery/Tomales
Cowgirl Creamery/Tomales Bay Foods
Locations: Petaluma, CA, Point Reyes, CA, San Francisco, CA
Cowgirl Creamery/Tomales Bay Foods is hiring! We are looking for solid, motivated individuals to join our Cheesemaking Team at Cowgirl Creamery. We are a producer, distributor and retailer of fine artisan cheese from all over California, USA and Europe.
· Updates and maintains HACCP and Food Safety plans for Cowgirl Creamery/Tomales Bay Foods locations: production, warehousing and retail.
· Leads all locations through 3rd Party Food Safety Audits Annually.
· Keeps current all licenses and fees applicable to production and ensure that Production Facilities are in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
· Updates employee training manual. Establish employee training guidelines and goals.
· Files Monthly Milk Handler and Statistical reports.
· Files Annual Organic Application with MOCA.
· Performs Monthly Food Safety Audits.
· Performs and tracks Environmental and Product testing.
· Performs microbiological analysis of raw materials and finished products.
· Performs in plant weight checks, temperature checks, ingredient traceability, finished product appearance checks, code date verification, pH testing.
· Responsible for recording weekly finished product evaluations.
· Participates in sensory evaluation of raw material and finished products.
· Performs related duties as assigned by Production Manager & Operations Director.
BS Degree in Food or Dairy Science or related field and experience in Quality Control.
Knows company policies.
Knows safety policies, procedures and requirements for equipment operation.
Communicates effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
Takes direction and follow instructions accurately.
Works well with peers and supervisors in team process.
Maintains excellent attendance
Proficient in Word and Excel and job related software applications.
Must be able routinely lift up to 20 lbs.
Must work comfortably in variable temperature environments.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Must be able to stoop and reach on a regular basis.
Must be comfortable working in multi-task and deadline driven work environment.
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday. Pay is $20 or DOE. We offer paid-time off, sick pay, health and dental benefits, 401 K, and a discount on cheese!
If you are interested in the position, please send as a PDF or in the body of the email, a cover letter, resume and 2 professional references. Jobs@cowgirlcreamery.com We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org