Assistant Research Scientist (63626) - Hershey, PA
Requisition Number 63626 - Posted 02/24/2016 - Pennsylvania - Hershey
Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Sensory Research Scientist will work independently and as part of a team to execute sensory testing to approve new cacao ingredients/suppliers, explore technologies for productivity and quality improvements; and to support collaborative testing programs internally and with suppliers. The individual will apply knowledge of food systems, the human senses, and statistical models to describe and quantify the sensory differences between food products and ingredients. Under the supervision of the manager, responsibilities include design and execution of test protocols, data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting, and communication with cacao suppliers.
The individual will interact with Global Operations & Technology/QRC, PBT, Product Development, and Research departments.
· Product Quality Maintenance Support: Execute sensory test methods (Discrimination) in support of productivity improvements, and plant troubleshooting.
· Alternate Cacao Supplier Approvals: Execute testing to support approvals of alternate cacao ingredients/suppliers. Monitor data/panel quality and provide feedback to suppliers.
· Global Commodity Program: support data analysis and authorization for global commodity monitoring. Support execution of internal and supplier collaborative testing programs.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsiblities:
· Computer skills (MS Office; Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
· Experience with Data Entry and Statistical Packages (EyeQuestion, LIMS, JMP, R, etc.)
o Ability to interact effectively with a large and diverse group of people
o Ability to multi-task and prioritize with limited supervision
o Excellent organizational and communication skills
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: B.S. in Food Science, Psychology, or General Science with some training or experience with sensory or statistics a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of applicable work experience with Sensory testing (sensory co-ops and internships can be included)
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com