Application Scientist – Minneapolis, MN
Applications Scientist- Your Future Position?
Our flavor creation and application team is the foundation and creative force of the flavors business, accountable to develop innovative new food product concepts, evaluate new flavor profiles & delivery technologies and most importantly, assist our Account Managers in winning new business.
We currently are recruiting for a Technical Applications Scientist in our Flavor Creation Food group at our new Technical Creation Center in Minneapolis, MN. The primary focus of this position is to execute daily brief-related tasks and apply knowledge during the flavor selection, evaluation and application development of flavors and products. This role serves as technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavor creation, and customers for specific applications.
· Showcase your Technical Expertise: Lead evaluations of flavors in applications for briefs, research projects and portfolio evaluations. Select optimal flavors for projects according to specified requirements (i.e. customer, regulatory, legislation, costs) and suggest improvements for the most common applications. Identify appropriate flavor delivery systems and technologies for customer projects in specific applications.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships: With our customers, be able to gain their trust and respect. Actively maintain the flavor performance data for the flavor portfolio through evaluation in finished product and capture of profiles.
· Maintain Organizational Effectiveness: Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment in accordance with EH&S policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines. Manage projects with the complete ability to lead large development projects.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you are? Then come join us - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
· B.S. in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology and 4-6 years experience in a food applications lab, production, or related area; or
· Master’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, and 2-3 years experience in a food applications lab, production, or related area (preferred); or
· Ph.D. in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology and 0-1 years experience in a food applications lab, production, or related area (preferred).
· Understanding of select food applications, ingredients, and processes with practical experience in customers’ food manufacturing environment. Basic understanding of many of the flavour reactions/interactions in common food products.
· Project management skills and the ability to successfully lead selected customer projects.
· Ability to translate market trends into innovative products for selected customers. Ability to instruct technicians and technologists.
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of fragrances and flavours. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating fragrances and flavours that ‘engage your senses’. The company achieved sales of CHF 4.4 billion in 2014. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in 88 locations, the company has 9,704 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org