Food Scientist-WIC03083 - KS-Wichita
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 143,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Opportunity to utilize core technical skills to develop new products for launch in the marketplace that align with needs of the business and research new methods for optimizing the entire value chain—farm to fork perspective. New product development work will drive from consumer insights directly related to needs of our customer base (retail, foodservice, processing & export channels). Researching new methods for optimizing the value chain will include, but not limited to, projects relating to improving meat yields, testing new processes & equipment to better optimize our production facilities and other product related projects, i.e. shelf life validation. Overall this person will have the opportunity to create new products, optimize best practices across the business and interact with all departments within our company & interact with customers and vendors.
45% Develop & commercialize new product, services, and solutions that are innovative & desired by consumers and our customers.
25% Optimize the entire value chain – farm to fork chain that aligns with business needs.
20% Provide technical assistance in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
5% Collaborate within our Business Unit and other business units to optimize best practices in the technical & research teams.
5% Contribute to the strength of the overall IP portfolio at Cargill
· The Food Scientist must have the ability to drive and to travel up to 50%. Travel may be to processing facilities, customer visits, sales offices, or professional meetings.
· Must be able to conduct project work in various work conditions (hot and cold processing areas in production facilities, pilot plant, kitchens).
· Effective communication of technical information and results to a broad audience
· Building strong relationships with BU partners and customers
· Strong organizational skills, multitasking, and prioritizing
· Capable of engaging with different personalities and building relationships
· Bachelor’s of Science Degree (e.g.Food Science, Meat Science, Culinary Arts, Food Processing, or Animal Science)
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, And/OR research work, including work towards a graduate degree.
· Highly motivated individual with a strong background in scientific procedure &/or product development. Data analysis, experimental design, project management skills, and technical writing skills are required. Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools.
· Master of Science or Ph.D. is highly preferred
· Previous industry experience in retail, foodservice, and/or meat processing (development of fresh and/or cooked products with ingredients, development of fresh and/or cooked meat packaging applications and technologies)
· Previous statistical experience using SAS, JMP, or similar statistical software. Understanding of muscle biology, functional meat ingredients in fresh and processed applications, fresh and processed meat packaging applications. Understanding of regulatory and labeling requirements for fresh and processed meats
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com