Associate Scientist – Emeryville, CA
Ripple is looking for a Research Associate with a strong background in biological or biochemical sciences and who has a passion for research that can improve how the world eats. Ideally, you will have a track record of success in areas such as protein extraction/purification, development of analytical techniques (examples include spectrophotometric, SDS-PAGE, fluorescence) and data analysis.
You will need solid communication skills, and the ability to present your work to scientists (with and without food backgrounds) and business people alike. Additionally, we are a data-driven team and to be successful in this role you will need to be so as well. Finally, you need a to be ready to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done, because this is the early stages of a start-up. Did we mention that? Yes, a start-up. Founded by two successful entrepreneurs, one from the green-cleaning space and another from the renewable chemicals space. Ripple has funding from top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Extract and purify proteins from plant sources
· Develop analytical methods to predict the performance of protein fractions in food formulations
· Use statistical tools to design experiments and analyze results
· Help build-out and maintain laboratory supplies and infrastructure
· Play the role of janitor, receptionist, IT-person, printer-jam-clearer, and general pitcher-inner alongside everyone else at Ripple!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org