Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or standard
microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on
products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production
process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
Manages finished goods positive release, net contents and sensory
program. Records statistical data. Analyzes data and writes
summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods and
procedures. Works closely with the Quality Team to help identify, solve
and prevent problems affecting quality.
• Responsible for releasing or holding finished product from production,
PD, and TAG for retail and institutional sale
• Report out detailed information regarding the products that are held
• Track non-prime inventory
• Report all KPI information for the department
• Report out finished product scrap
• Involved in trace and recall procedures
• Support traceability exercises
• SAP/GLOBE QM Super user- responsible for learning, implementing,
teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the GLOBE QM module of SAP
• Responsible for hold product and rework documentation review and
• Support for all outside warehouses
• Responsible for allergen and coding maintenance
• Supports production in decisions related to quality and food safety
• Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor
• Conducts coaching and training to employees
• Identifies gaps in procedures or processes
• Participates in and/or lead continuous improvement activities such as
DMAIC and GSTD
• Attends SHOs, DORs and WORs
• Responsible for changes in procedures and QMS
• Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up of alerts
• Maintain consumer complaint awareness through distribution of top
complaints for production lines
• Manages consumer complaint team and follow-up
• Manages Foreign Bodies Task Force
• Daily Review of HACCP documentation on Shop Floor
• Daily Behaviour Based Quality observations
• Responsible for follow-up activities driven by CPARs from Internal
Audit Team and Third Party Audits
• Members of Internal Audit Team
• Conducts special projects as assigned
• Able to work flexible hours and able to cover off shifts
• Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and other
instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices.
• Interprets data and reports on trend and data analysis to appropriate
• Monitors laboratory Internal Control Plans (ICPs) on a required
• Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and prepares
and interprets reports for use by management. Reviews or writes procedures
and work instructions
• Supports laboratory activities to ensure a high quality of products,
services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in
laboratory and other analytical areas.
• Responsible for daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock control,
stock record entry, reporting, etc.
• Responsible for the administration, training, and execution of off-
and on-line sensory, and test methods.
• Supports laboratory compliance (Calibration, equipment testing, etc.)
to FSSC 22000 and Nestlé requirements while driving continuous improvement
for Quality metrics/Key Performance Indicators in the lab.
• Responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance with QMS,
including storage and retrieval.
• Assists, advises, and trains colleagues to attain the NQAC
requirements (MI, LI, P-test, etc.)
• Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all required
GMP, quality and food safety requirements and escalate quality or food safety
findings or incidents.
• Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and
hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated areas.
• Ensures the compliance for FSSC 22000 while driving continuous improvement
for Quality metrics/KPI’s in their area of responsibility.
• Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. complaints, holds) with
Factory, and drives improvement projects in DOR.
• Assist, advise and train Operations in
attaining the Nestlé quality standards (QMS, MI, etc.).
• Communicates Quality and Food Safety briefs to assigned line operation
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines
pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
- To be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety
NESTLÉ CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
- Supports key Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives.
Other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related
- Preferably 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years)
experience in food industry.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mathematical and statistical skills required.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be precise and accurate, well organized worker.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Must have good mathematical (basic statistical skills highly
desirable), problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, spreadsheet
software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and mainframe system with custom
- Proficiency in SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.
- Courage: linked to people’s confidence in their capabilities and
judgment. It allows them to make decisions or choices, at the same time
evaluating the risks and being conscious of their responsibilities.
- Results Focus: the drive to meet or exceed ambitious performance
objectives and quality standards, deliver business results and continually
find sustainable improvements in methods and processes.
- Impact/Convince Others: convincing others, either directly or using
appropriate third parties, in order to get their commitment to ideas projects
or actions that are in the company’s interest.
- Service Orientation – Understanding customers' needs to provide the
best scientific/technical support related to their own area of expertise
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative
employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for
Minority / Female / Disabled / Protected Veteran.