Food Scientist - Lodi,
Date: Mar 7, 2015
Build your career at ConAgra Foods.
At ConAgra Foods, we make great food — everyday food — in extraordinary
ways, which is why we’re creating meaningful career opportunities for the
best and the brightest. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced
professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for
growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced
Position Summary: Provide technical support and expertise to functional groups
to directly influence the achievement of business objectives. Under
direct supervision, researches, conducts experiments, gathers data, develops
preliminary findings and prepares specifications and written reports for the
commercialization of new products.
- Develop products from concepts
and follows standardized commercialization set-up procedures and process
- Develop technical work plans
with timelines, and execute projects according to timelines.
- Provide sound data and analysis
to assure that an appropriate level of technical common sense and
discipline are being utilized in business decisions.
- Prepare and present technical
reports, both written and oral, with clear recommendations and topline
- Prepare product specifications,
playbooks, set-up formulas and technical information into database
- Coordinate and supervise plant
trials and production start-ups.
- Identify and develop research
programs to drive cost optimization through formulation and processing
- BS in Food Science or related
field required. MS preferred
- 2+ years of food industry
experience with bakery and fermentation experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously with quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrate ability to propose
and persuade new research direction to address the business needs of the
- Display exceptional competence
over a sustained period as evidenced by specific technical
- Demonstrate ability to
communicate well and to effectively influence and interact with others
to accomplish research goals.
- Project management and problem
- Ability to travel including
flying to all parts of the U.S.
- Driving a company or rental
automobile as needed.
- Use of tools, equipment, and
- Walking, standing, or sitting
for extended periods of time
- Walking and/or standing on
various surface types
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis
- Climbing to various heights via
stairs or ladders on a regular basis.
- Exposure to manufacturing
environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud
noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Exposure to flour dust, dirt,
- Exposure to bakery smells and
- Ability to create and taste
products that contain wheat, gluten, nuts, peanuts, eggs, soy and dairy
- Frequent bending; must be able
to move safely and freely around machinery
REQ ID: 39306
This position description is not intended, and should not be
construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts
or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however,
to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for
making decisions related to job performance, employee development and
compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and
responsibilities as required.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal
opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status
or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Stockton
Job Segment: Scientific, Database, Project
Manager, Technical Support, Recent Graduate, Engineering, Technology, Entry