· Responsible for the epidemiological assessment of foodborne illness claims as they concern Jack in the Box and Qdoba restaurants.
· Participate in foodborne illness investigations.
· Consult with professional, governmental, and legal authorities as needed during the course of investigations/duties.
· Review and recommend restaurant food handling and preparation procedures for food safety and guest protection.
· Conduct advisory food safety visits/audits at Jack in the Box and Qdoba restaurants and restaurant problem solving.
· Review food safety audit reports for accuracy and appropriate application of standards.
· Provide guidance to restaurant food safety auditors.
· Evaluate new food equipment/chemicals for safety and cleaning requirements.
· As required, provide guidance regarding restaurant pest control programs, water contamination issues, employee illness / injury reports, imminent hazard resolution.
· Consult and work closely with Food Safety Department, Guest and Restaurant Hotlines, and Risk Management/ Asset Protection groups in order to protect the brand.
· BS in Public Health, Epidemiology, Food Microbiology, Food Science, Biology or other similar field
· Health Department experience preferred; Registered Environmental Health Specialist a plus
· 5 years’ experience in public health inspection/illness evaluations or restaurant food safety
· Excellent English report writing skills
· Excellent oral communication skills
Jack in the Box offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, flexible spending, 401K and a wellness program. You can’t beat our onsite fitness center, free coffee, soda, and frozen yogurt. Our culture is fun and innovative – ‘Work Happy’ with us!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org