Associate Sensory Scientist - Tukwila, WA
JOB TITLE: Associate Sensory Scientist
REPORTS TO: Manager – R&D/Sensory
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for providing sensory support to meet established business goals. It is accountable for all elements of test execution. This position will also support internal technical resources such as Quality, Materials, Optimization and Shelf Life. The person in this roll is excellent at working efficiently and managing many details.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
· Coordinates all aspects of internal sensory panels, cuttings and testing from start to finish.
· Coordinates project timing and activities of a cross functional team.
· Works with Food and Sensory Scientists in pursuit of project and strategic initiatives such as cost savings, self-life projects and continual improvement.
· Leads sensory panels both internally and externally, analyses data and reports on results.
· Screens and trains new employees to participate in the corporate Sensory program as well as trains Sensory Technicians when needed.
· Schedules tests and panelists and manages panelist incentive program.
· Provides technical support to Marketing & Sales as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Creates an environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
· Excellent problem solving skills, viewing the problem as a whole and working with others as needed to resolve it.
· Developed project and time management skills.
· Strong written, oral, and facilitation skills.
· Ability to evaluate and communicate project status, issues, or risk appropriately.
· Conveys technical information in understandable terms to all levels of the organization.
· Technical Capability
· Basic understanding of Sensory test methods and sound, non-biasing testing procedures.
· Uses good, scientific methods to run panels, solve problems, and conduct data analysis and interpretation.
· Willingness to work with peers in a plant QA environment to train on Sensory methods.
· Understanding of function and interaction of ingredients used in baking mixes,
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer applications to access information, analyze data and solve problems
· Knowledge of Sims Software is a plus
· Personal and Social Competence
· High integrity and honesty, promoting trust in all actions
· Willing to learn on the job and participate in sensory training and apply learning to business needs.
· Ability to effectively work and establish relationships with internal/external counterparts: Quality, Marketing, Food Scientists, Vendors.
· Enjoys working in a results-oriented, customer focused, team environment.
· Ability to turn around projects at a fast pace.
· Flexible with ability to handle changing timelines and priorities.
· Creative and change-oriented, willing to constructively challenge the status quo.
· Physical – standing, bending, and lifting of product (up to 50 lbs)
· Willingness and ability to travel 10%
· Willing and able to work occasional evenings.
· Valid driver’s license.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· B.S., or M.S. in Food Science or related field with 0 – 3 years sensory, consumer science or product development experience a plus
· Basic statistics knowledge and experience is preferred..
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
Tukwila, Washington, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com