Quality Assurance Manager - Icicle Seafoods
- Egegik, AK
of Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Work Location: Egegik, AK
Darrell Kelly (206.281.0332)
The Quality Assurance Manager will administer the quality assurance program
at the Egegik Plant. Overall responsibility
includes ensuring product quality integrity and plant sanitation conformance
from raw material receiving to finished product shipment. The Quality
Assurance Manager will maintain several direct reports who are responsible
for various areas of the plant. QA Manager will ensure plant design,
operation, and personnel practices are compliant with CGMP's, State &
Federal requirements, and Thermal Processing standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor plant sanitation and employee practices to ensure compliance with
State & Federal regulations, Customer Requirements, and 3rd Party Audit
• Supervise and monitor QA technicians in observing/measuring/recording
metrics associated with the production process, with particular emphasis on
CCP monitoring throughout the plant.
• Ensure product conformance to Internal Product Specifications and Customer
• Ensure conformance to established guidance within Salmon Control Plan, as
it relates to Canned Salmon production
• Position is responsible for conformance to third-party audit standards
(BRC), which will include advanced preparation and training for annual 3rd
Party Audit. At a minimum this will include review/preparation of policies
& procedures, monitoring records, training records, and all other
disciplines contained within BRC Standard.
• Administer pre-season quality training and orientation with all employees.
• Work with all departments to accomplish pre-season work lists and plant
• Maintain QA inventories, product record and order supplies as required.
• This position will provide tours to all regulatory agencies as part of
• Must be willing and able to live and work in a remote location and in a
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience required:
• Candidate must have at least 3 years of Quality Assurance experience.
Seafood processing and salmon canning experiences highly preferred.
• Shall have prior experience with implementation of BRC &/or SQF Audit
• HACCP and Better Process Control School Certifications, or the ability to
obtain prior to the season is required.
• Proficiency in record keeping, organization, math skills and communication
skills are essential.
• Able to manage, train and guide a staff of 10 plus.
• Must be professional at all times and represent Icicle with the highest
Location is in a remote Alaskan village, you must be able to work 7 days a
week, 12+ hours per day in a wet, cold environment. There are areas within
the plant that contain moving and loud machinery, and hearing protection and
other safety and protective equipment is required.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and works closely with the
Corporate Quality Director.
Job required you to work full time from April to August, depending on fish
run timing and plant requirements. There may be additional work pre and post
Salary: Depending on Experience. Airfare to and from Seattle, room and board
online, please click the link below: