Yum! Brands, Inc. has
over 39,000 restaurants in more than 130 countries and territories and more
than 1.4 million associates worldwide. The Company's brands - KFC, Pizza
Hut and Taco Bell are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and
Mexican-style food categories.
Pizza Hut Global, based in Plano, Texas, is a powerful global growth engine
for Yum! Brands, with more than 13,000 restaurants. Pizza Hut is a diverse,
high-return business, with over 650 new restaurant openings in 2013. Our
international business and growth is one of the key factors that makes us truly unique in the restaurant industry.
What makes Yum! a great place to work? It's our
people. That's why we invest in people capability so they can make the most
of their career. With a diverse workforce and ongoing opportunities for
personal and professional success, we've built a culture that rewards and
recognizes great effort while providing the work/life balance that is so
important to all of us.
responsibilities include in market testing of key initiatives/equipment
performance on ingredients/food and supplier/product cutting program
evaluation for core ingredients: dough, cheese, pizzas, meat toppings, etc.
Work will include sensory testing of ingredients and
products, supporting and conducting equipment validation studies,
collecting data, planning and executing food product demos and managing and
supporting in market testing in key project areas. Writing technical
reports outlining testing protocols used and test results will also be
Additional responsibilities will be assisting in the
commercialization of NPD initiatives by developing and validating cook/hold
procedures and the testing of ingredients from Global Core Suppliers.
The candidate will be expected to effectively work with
cross-functional teams and markets to prioritize tasks. This position will
also require in market testing by the candidate, requiring good
organizational, communication and relationship building skills.
This position will
- PH Brand outside the US
- Global core suppliers
FUNCTIONS: Product Technology
- Supports FIT teams on key projects, including execution of large blocks
- Supports training development tools (quality guides, manuals, etc) and validation for core items and new projects.
- Supports testing of key products for nutrition program
- Assist with global application NPD commercialization by developing
cooking and holding procedures
- Contribute to Quality Improvement initiatives through accurate data
collection and test execution
- Product demonstration organization, supporting execution
- Leading the execution of the core ingredient cutting program including
follow up reporting.
- Participates in all courses including leading portions of PEC and
- Manage knowledge tool transfer to BMU’s (yumnet,
- Actively participate in field training
- BMU’s R&D/QA and purchasing functions
- Global core suppliers
- Field and Dallas RSC Operations
- Restaurant Teams and Operations in YRI
EDUCATION: BS in Food Science or related field with 3 years experience. Master degree preferable.
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Food safety/quality knowledge
- Interacts well with others, demonstrates cultural sensitivity
- Analytical/investigative and troubleshooting skills
- Effectively participates in cross-functional/cross-regional teams
- Understands needs of project and works to deliver accurate information
and data to the team
- Logically answers questions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels.
- Follows directions from supervisors and others
- Mutually supports peers and other team members. Trust in the positive
intentions of others.
- Able to structure and prioritize workload
- Self-motivated. Demonstrates drive for getting things done.
- Detail orientated
- Basic project management skills
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office products.