Healthcare (PCH) is among the largest over-the-counter (OTC) health care
products companies in the world, with a global footprint of operations in
more than 90 counties. We maintain
leadership positions in many markets and sell two of the top 10 global brands
(Advil® and Centrum®). PCH develops, manufactures and markets leading
non-prescription medicines, vitamins and nutritional products. We
strive to bring new and better solutions to market to help consumers around
the world support their health and enhance personal wellbeing.
PC drives growth through major global brands including Centrum® (the world’s
#1 multivitamin), Caltrate® (the world’s #1 calcium
supplement) and Advil® (the world’s #1 ibuprofen analgesic brand). The
division’s major categories consist of Pain Management, Dietary Supplements,
Upper Respiratory, Personal Care and Gastrointestinal.
Healthcare is looking for a Flavorist, Sweet or
Beverage, Flavor & Taste Creation Platform, R&D ,
to join our Global Operations Research & Development team in Richmond,
• Proactive, positive and engaged team member who will work with all
therapeutic areas and dosage forms in the PCH portfolio.
• A member of the Global R&D, Taste Creation and Flavor Technology Team,
driving productive interfaces with internal and external partners such as
Product Design, Analytical, Pfizer Global Supply (PGS), Quality and Manufacturing
teams as well as strategic partners to provide assessments and drive
implementation of new flavor development technologies, processes and
• Contribute directly to the development of novel, innovative flavor profiles
and taste experiences in a wide range of dosage forms for dietary
supplements, pain management, gastrointestinal, upper respiratory and
• Ensures projects are planned and completed using sound technical principles
in accordance with agreed upon project timing.
• Participates in due diligence, new business opportunity and product
• Effective and influential presentations and writing skills with the ability
to tailor messages to a variety of audiences as appropriate (e.g. external,
commercial, management, scientific).
• Conduct work in a manner compliant with applicable federal, state and local
regulations and Pfizer policies.
• Understands product development and facility management requirements in
both a development and cGMP manufacturing environment.
A member of the Taste Creation and Flavor Technology Team within Global
R&D Operations, contributing to flavor creation, flavor profile
improvement, sweetness enhancement, bitterness masking, mitigation of
off-taste, to the development of structure-function relationships of
taste-active compounds, and to collaborative efforts with internal/external
1. Help build departmental technology capabilities in the Flavor and Taste
2. Contribute to product development efforts in PCH Global R&D working
closely with Product Design, Analytical, PGS Technology and Marketing
3. Contribute to the evaluation of technologies to support the development of
innovative flavor profiles that delight consumers.
4. Has an understanding of manufacturing unit process, development and
manufacturing operations as well as compliance requirements in a cGMP
5. Exhibits a deep understanding of experimental design and analysis leading
to robust conclusions and subsequent decisions.
6. Leads sweet/beverage flavor creation for applications activities to
support existing and new business growth opportunities at targeted Dietary
Supplement, Over the Counter and Ethical Pharmaceutical, Consumer Health and
Medical Food customers.
7. 10+ Years of active flavor creation and application work is a plus
8. Must have understanding of GC/MS, LC/MS and other industry standards for
9. Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with raw materials, flavor
systems and finished products.
10. Participate directly and provide cross-functional leadership in strategic
categories and platform initiatives.
11. Assists in Flavor Training Program and provides technical services and
Education & Experience
Prefer Degree in Flavor Chemistry, Flavor Science, Chemistry, Food Sciences,
Food Chemistry, Advanced degree in Pharmaceutics or related discipline also
BS degree with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
MS degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
• Ability to create sweet and beverage flavors. Certified Flavorist
is a plus.
• Ability to impact the development of novel flavor and taste masking
capabilities across all brand franchise teams and therapeutic areas.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with third party flavor houses to exploit
current trends in global flavor systems and leverage these in PCH products
• Proven communication and collaboration skills
• Proven scientific and technical leadership and problem solving abilities
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed
to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all
employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national
origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility
verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and
IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by
federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws
and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with
information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of
payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure.
Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the
federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore,
if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of
interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse,
your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported
to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please
do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
nationals whose eligibility to work requires sponsorship or maintenance of
valid immigration status may not be eligible for this position.