Job Title (Marketing Title)
Food Scientist - Broomfield, CO
Broomfield, CO 80021 US (Primary)
30 - 40%
Available to Qualified Candidates
As part of the Dean Foods Research and Development Team, this position is responsible for developing new and improved food products for Dean Foods Company. We are the Nation’s largest dairy company with $9 Billion in revenue. Our products include over 50 different local, regional and national brands, including private label. Our National brands include delicious TruMoo flavored milk, TruMoo Ice Cream and Caribou Premium Iced Coffee drinks. The person in this role will also be responsible for providing technical proficiency cross-functionally related to beverage and cultured products with a focus on innovation, productivity and cost savings programs.
Under direct supervision this position:
· Articulates technical information and translates to non-technical audiences.
· Leads work across all business functions to positively yield results, and at times, lead project launches.
· Identifies, implements, formulates and executes cost savings opportunities independently within a cross functional team.
· Assesses technical feasibility and provide direction on formulations.
· Coordinates and conducts production line trials of new or modified foods.
· Develops and maintains component specifications.
· Prepares test plans, technical reports and documentation for the technical community
· Provides direction to various suppliers for new or modified food developments
· Works across all functions, including Purchasing, Operations, Engineering and Marketing to support project launches
· Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Science, or other related science based 4 year degree.
· 3 years minimum experience in product development and commercialization within an R&D environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of food/beverage processing equipment.
· Ingredient knowledge and/or dairy experience strongly preferred but not required.
· Working knowledge, hands-on and theoretical in the following areas:
§ Beverage Processing and/or food processing
§ Basics of food fermentation
§ Hydrocolloid & Stabilizer knowledge
§ General Statistics
§ General Food Safety
· Capability in directing suppliers through design, development/improvement to commercialization projects.
· Competent in conceptually designing food formulations, utilizing consumer insight and technical knowledge.
· Aptitude to lead multiple projects in cross-functional environment.
· Able to build technical competencies across multiple food platforms.
· Proactive contributor and effective communicator within R&D and project teams.
· Technical thinker with business awareness.
· Energetic and motivated.
· Willing and able to travel +35% of the time.
· Relocation assistance available.
Dean Foods Company is an Equal
Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org