Food Safety Director - Coral Gables, FL
The Director of Food Safety is responsible for supporting the achievement of the company's food safety and regulatory performance standards and expectations. This leader will oversee all food safety objectives and initiatives through auditing, vendor engagement, regulatory awareness and process improvements. This role will collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement new initiatives to support food safety objectives. In addition, this position will participate in the development of criteria used to measure and monitor distribution center and vendor performance pertaining to food safety and quality.
· Oversee team leaders located throughout the organization's operating areas responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of work and achievement of established quality and food safety standards and other initiatives
· Monitor, update and report on key performance metrics at distributions centers; identify gaps and establish improvement plans.
· Develop effective policies and procedures and create effective reports for management.
· Collaborate with operations leadership to increase food safety performance and culture and drive continuous improvements.
· Participate in the monitoring of third party chemical and pest control vendors to ensure they are meeting required service levels and standards.
· Ensure company standards reflect the most current regulatory compliance standards and maintain current on new and evolving regulatory activity.
· Maintain an understanding of company regulatory results in order to support the relationships between company and various state and federal regulators and drive continuous improvement.
· Ensure resolution of inquiries from federal, state and local food safety agencies, perform additional follow-up as needed
· Support internal food safety training and certification process via test proctoring and partnership with the operations team.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in environmental, safety sciences or related field and seven (7) years management experience in food safety or quality assurance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Possess one (1) of the following related professional certifications or licenses, e.g. REHS, CPFS, CSSP, CSP or CCFS.
· Strong PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications
· Compliance with all company policies and procedures
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time including overnight
· Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
· Authorized to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same
· Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check
· Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass expectations and deliver project milestones on-time.
· Demonstrated ability to apply management principles and techniques to direct, educate and inspire associates.
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey food safety objectives to a wide variety and levels of associates.
· Exceptional problem resolution and process improvements skills
· Excellent analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational or technical nature.
· Fully versed in administrative and budgetary management functions.
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org