Facility Food Safety and Quality Associate – MycoTechnology
Facility Food Safety and Quality Associate (FSQA) is responsible for assisting
all food safety, quality and regulatory at our Denver manufacturing facility.
This role is ultimately responsible for supporting the quality of
manufactured products and regulatory requirements. The Food Safety and
Quality associate will play an important role in maintaining and continuously
improving the site food safety culture as well as the management system and
GMP procedures (includes: methods, procedures, maintenance, calibration,
cross-checks, training, auditing, raw materials verification). The
Facility Food Safety and Quality Associate will report to the Regulatory
A key member of the Quality Food
Safety Team, assists the Quality/Food Safety in implementing
and managing internal GMPs, as well as assisting in the area of Quality
Assurance. This individual will partner with all members in the
workforce to write, validate, and ensure that the Food Safety Program is
maintained and followed as well as provide optimum service and quality for
all products, external and internal customers.
Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with evaluating
activities related to the Safe Quality Food Program to comply with city,
state, federal and international regulatory requirements
- Participate and prepare for all
food safety audits.
- Prepare and cultivate “a zero
safety incident mentality” throughout the facility.
- Ensuring Quality System programs,
processes and procedures are implemented successfully and function as
designed throughout the operation in order to ensure the quality and
integrity of manufactured products and services.
- Assess and evaluate facility
personnel and make recommendations to the Regulatory Compliance Manager
regarding strategies to remedy training, skills, or performance
- Conduct root cause analysis on
defective materials, audits and fulfill corrective action plans.
- Ensure consistent and thorough
follow-up to non-conformities as it relates to quality food safety.
- Help maintain a root cause
database and provide feedback to customers when required.
- Assess and suggest
modifications to improve the efficiency of the internal GMP program.
- Evaluate every lot of product
coming into and out of the plant.
- Place non-conforming product on
QA hold with physical stop signs, proper accreditation requirements
fulfilled and all pertinent personnel by following Product Hold List.
- Place marginal product on
caution and record.
- Conduct finished product
evaluation as needed.
- Calibrate thermometers, pH
meters and other instrumentation as needed.
- Collect environmental swab
samples per quality control sampling schedule.
- Prepare samples for testing as
- Support the development of
internal Policy and GMP standards including writing, training and
- Support Regulatory Compliance
Manager in regulatory compliance matters.
- Other duties and tasks as
- Bachelor’s degree in science,
engineering, manufacturing or related field or equivalent work
- 5+ years of experience in food
- Experience with a third party
- Leadership: A demonstrated
ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to speak candidly and
provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated project management
- Demonstrated organization
- Ability to adapt and learn in a
changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving
and analytical skills.
- Consistent high level of
performance, ability to meet deadlines, and effectively delegate tasks
- Ability to balance and achieve
positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, and quality.
- Food Microbiology experience
- Experience interacting with
internal and external customers.