Food Safety and
Quality Assurance Manager (FSQA) - New Oxford, PA
Pennsylvania (New Oxford)
Quality Assurance / Regulatory
Safety and Quality Assurance Manager (FSQA)
for managing and developing food safety and quality assurance programs,
policies and procedures necessary to ensure food safe products, comply with
government regulations and adhere to quality standards of Company products.
Provide oversight and monitoring of operational processes for compliance with
established procedures to include, but are not limited to SSOPs, HACCP, GMP,
Animal Welfare and other regulatory prerequisite programs, FSQA audits and
supporting company and customer FSQA programs.
1. Customer paperwork completion and generation
3. Auditing; Third Party, Customer, Organic, FSIS, SQF, GMP, AWF, etc…
4. Program standardization (ex; pest control, food defense, recall,
Pennsylvania (New Oxford)
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, implement, review and oversee HACCP, SSOP, and GMP policies,
procedures, systems, and processes related to food safety and quality
assurance management systems.
2. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory policies, directives and notices,
and provide effective liaison with USDA-FSIS, government regulatory agencies
and organic certifying agency.
3. Maintain, audit, and improve pre-operation and operation SSOP
programs. Define requirements for master sanitation program and
sanitation performance standards, i.e., trailer and pallet sanitation,
implement corrective action and verification procedures, and make necessary
updates and modifications to reflect changes in processes and/or USDA-FSIS
4. Manage, reassess and improve regulatory HACCP programs. Monitor,
verify and validate HACCP records, compliance, direct
validation of HACCP program, implement corrective actions. Make necessary
modifications to reflect changes in processes and/or USDA-FSIS regulations.
5. Establish and monitor effective sampling, recording and analysis of test
results for process control verification of pathogen reduction standards.
6. Respond to USDA-FSIS regulatory noncompliance records timely and
7. Manage corrective action processes to comply with regulatory requirements
to identify cause, address the product, restore control, reevaluate
processes, modify procedures or improve the food safety system, and prevent
8. Maintain microbiological sampling and testing justifications, objectives
and standards for product, equipment, environment and personnel.
9. Monitor the facilities’ structural and equipment defects that may create
food safety and sanitation deficiencies or noncompliance. Coordinate
with operations and maintenance to develop and manage the Plant Improvement
10. Establish procedural documents and work instructions to ensure process
control and proper production practices and accountability.
11. Manage data capture, analysis and interpretation to improve food safety
and quality management systems.
12. Responsible for all QA document and record control and retention.
13. Work closely and coordinate with other operations supervisors,
maintenance and production personnel to assure food safety, product quality
and process control functionality.
14. Maintain, coordinate and improve quality assurance objectives.
Inspect, identify, inform, and resolve, with production management,
facilities, operation or transportation issues, process control deviations
and/or product noncompliance i.e., temperature, sanitation, specifications,
foreign objects, analytical, packaging, etc.
15. Investigate customer complaints with regard to product integrity,
identify cause of issue, correct the deficiency and prevent recurrence.
Communicate with customers to resolve issues.
16. Manage, coordinate and prepare for internal and external customer
compliance and risk assessment audits.
17. Develop and maintain the product recall programs.
18. Develop and update the Visitor Program.
19. Oversee organic certifications.
20. Provide and establish internal and external reports as deemed necessary.
21. Train and document employee training regarding the principles and
practices of HACCP, SSOP, GMP and defined regulatory pre-requisite
programs. Responsible for defining, training and documentation of
process controls and procedural practices for optimal productivity, product
integrity and accountability of food safe, quality products.
22. Responsible for passing all 3rd party, animal welfare, and customer
23. Perform other related duties as necessary to achieve objectives.
Manage New Oxford and Liverpool facility FSQA team members. Carry out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training
employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related field
• Minimum 5 years quality assurance, including 2 years managerial experience
in food safety and product quality; meat and poultry industry preferred
• Strong analytical ability and math skills
• Ability to organize, plan and complete work in a timely manner
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively within the Company and with
regulatory agency personnel
• Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power
• Labeling experience desired
• HACCP and SQF certified