At Wayne Farms, our recipe for success begins with the
highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role
in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributing to
our success as the most technically advanced producers of superior poultry
products. We are one of the world’s largest
vertically integrated poultry producers with our corporate headquarters in
Oakwood, Georgia (North of Atlanta) and locations throughout the Southeast.
We continue to lead our industry in quality while consistently exceeding
expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our
employees, customers and communities. Our growth is your opportunity.
Provides opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills
in a professional environment, and promote the student's career goals
through contact with industry professionals. Project will assist in
determining the process capabilities for various lines, products, etc., and
Wayne Farms' ability to more accurately determine
performance standards and product pricing.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Weekly Assignments - providing learning objectives and
business specific deliverables.
- Mentor/Project Sponsor Feedback - providing personal and
professional development opportunities.
- Project Presentation - formal presentation required at the
end of the internship project and is presented to peers, management and
senior leaders within the organization.
- Work hard and strive to understand the business while
making significant contributions to a team.
- Gain basic understanding of all aspects of your assigned
- Gain basic understanding of all aspects of supply chain.
12 week internship beginning mid to late May; however, may
be modified depending on student's availability.
Minimum Skill Levels and Work Experience
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
at an accredited college, and enrolled in a Poultry, Animal, Meat or Food
- Must possess a strong academic record.
- Leadership, initiative, and high ethical/moral standards
will be weighted heavily.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills with the capability to research data and
discuss possible solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Ability to be flexible, working non-standard shift hours
to collect data and occasionally perform overnight travel.
Preferred Skill Levels and Work Experience
- Leadership experience
- Previous poultry processing/industry experience
We seek to hire professionals who add value each day, guide
their decisions legally, ethically and in line with company policy. In
return, Wayne Farms is committed to enhancing our employees quality of life
by delivering a great work environment, competitive pay, professional
development, and an industry leading benefits package including: medical,
dental, and eye-care coverage, employer-matched 401(k), disability income
protection, life insurance, flex spending accounts and voluntary benefits
such as critical illness, accident, and long-term care indemnity insurance
plans. If you're interested in this opportunity to join a growing and
prosperous company, submit your resume online today!
Wayne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies: Wayne Farms does
not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias,
Wayne Farms employees or any other company location. Wayne Farms is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.