Manager, Quality Assurance - Oxnard, CA
Career Opportunities: Plant Quality Manager (Oxnard, CA) (51007)
Req Id 51007 - Posted 03/21/2016 - Quality Assurance / Research and Development / Sensory - N/A - CA - Oxnard (Manufacturing Plant) - Professional / Administrative - United States
For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Martha White®, truRoots®, Sahale Snacks®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix®, Milk- Bone®, Kibbles 'n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and 9Lives®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Manager, Quality Assurance
· Track and trend quality-related data, including audit results, quality issues, investigations, corrective and preventive actions, equipment and document change management, complaints, holds and recalls.
· Create, revise, review, and approve quality-related documents, including manufacturing labels, standard operating procedures, regulatory specifications, memoranda, protocols, reports, test results, change management documentation, and leadership training materials.
· Monitor, verify, and/or audit operations to ensure compliance with applicable procedures, and regulations, including monitoring of quality systems, qualification activities, sampling, and testing.
· Responsible for the administration of the Quality Database, including maintenance of archive records and holds database.
· Will be responsible for representing the plant during regulatory or internal audits. Prepares entire team for audits by providing training, reviewing documentation, performing internal audits, scheduling meetings and answering questions during and after the audit.
· Partner with the appropriate stakeholders to correct any Quality issues.
· Responsible for developing and enforcing the plant HACCP plans.
· Monitor product quality issues and assist in problem resolution.
· Actively participate in departmental meetings and initiatives, including employee training and engagement.
· Responsible for directing and supervising QC laboratory and waste water personnel involved in quality control procedures.
· Oversight and/or performance of sample analysis ensuring quality and timely delivery of the fruit/drums.
· Development and validation of analytical methodologies for quality control procedures.
· Monitors food safety and sanitation activities by reviewing and implementing new food safety and sanitation procedures, enforcing all policies, GMP’s, Food Safety Programs and monitoring food safety and sanitation checklists.
· Works closely with Plant Manager and Operations regarding fruit quality and volumes.
· Walks the facility on a daily basis to ensure the facility meets the Safety and Food Quality standards.
· Partners with The HSE Leader to ensure site and food safety, and manage environmental regulations for the facility.
· May be required to file renewals for regulatory permits and licenses
· Manage Pest Control Operations, including contractor relations, resolution of issues and record keeping.
· Manage Uniform Rental Activities
· Work closely with the Maintenance Department to ensure that the equipment meets plant requirements.
· Assists Corporate QA and Product Development with scheduled test packs.
· May perform duties expected of the QC Supervisors in Processing and Sanitation, including participating in the hiring and disciplinary processes, as necessary.
· Travel may be required between 25%-40% of time.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Five years prior experience in a GMP Quality Assurance or Quality Control environment, preferred.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired.
· Ability to work extensive hours, Monday-Saturday, including night shifts as needed.
· B.S. or higher degree, preferably in food science or other science
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org