Quality Process Engineer – Food Manufacturing - OSI Group – Aurora, IL
The OSI Group is a results-oriented global company where highly talented, motivated, "can-do" people work together to deliver value for our customers. Our success is built on a foundation of partnership with our customers, suppliers and employees and is what sets us apart. At OSI you will be challenged to solve problems and drive improvements that will help grow our business. We are seeking an experienced Quality Process Engineer to be part of our Corporate Quality Assurance Group.
Lead the development, implementation and administration of company wide quality programs that support customer and company objectives.
· In collaboration with manufacturing plants, develop and implement company-wide programs to monitor and improve process control, specifically related to meeting customer product specifications and microbiological quality/processing lethality. Manage the implementation of approved program rollouts or enhancements.
· Collect, analyze and interpret in-process data to evaluate the effectiveness of existing quality activities and identify opportunities for improvement. Develop and propose resolutions to identified opportunities and manage the implementation as approved.
· Implement the use of quality tools such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to identify potential risks and develop a system to monitor or eliminate them.
· Develop and implement statistically valid sampling processes to evaluate finished goods for quality disposition. Audit and review plant sampling reports to ensure processes are performing as expected; revise processes as appropriate based on audit results.
· Develop and implement a process to conduct validation of manufacturing lines regularly on capability and food safety.
· Participate in organizational initiatives, such as Operational Excellence, by attending meetings, contributing ideas and expertise, and carrying out process quality actions resulting from such initiatives. Drive continuous improvement in the quality area.
· Develop a methodology for collecting manufacturing process related quality data, conduct analysis and generate user friendly reports that can guide management decisions with regards to quality consistency and food safety.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with plant management; work collaboratively with appropriate plant and Corporate staff to ensure successful execution of process related quality programs.
· Develop process quality procedural training (like SPC) for use by plant production and quality control employees. Provide training and informal mentorship to professional and managerial plant quality control staff.
· Ability to work successfully as part of cross-functional team and with all levels of employees.
· Ability to successfully manage multiple-ongoing projects, both small and large, within allotted calendar, financial and staffing resources.
· Ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels, both verbally and in writing.
· Working knowledge of standard computer programs; i.e., word processing, spreadsheet computations, and macros.
· Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
Five (5) or more years in a quality management role in a food manufacturing
Experience implementing and administering Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Experience applying statistical analysis to identify manufacturing process issues.
The OSI Group is a premier food processing partner to leading brands across the globe with over 40 operations in 17 countries. Our worldwide operations create and manufacture custom beef, pork poultry, pizza, baked goods, seafood, produce and other products for our customers. At OSI you can expect a challenging work environment and opportunity for advancement. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401-K and profit sharing, paid vacation, paid holidays, company paid life, AD&D, STD and LTD, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program and more. To apply click on the following link:
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org